Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God bless Mitt Romney.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      God bless Mitt Romney.

Mitt happens!

RIP, mbn.

Comment

God bless Mitt Romney.

Man, the replies to that are so disheartening. Breakdown essentially as follows:

-45% Trumpers who hate Mitt and are triggered by anything he posts;

-45% liberals who, despite loving Mitt for the last 4 years because he has repeatedly spoken out about Trump, now claim Mitt didn't do enough to combat Trump and are mad that he's not doing more to stop Trump's election lawsuits;

-10% reasonable people who realize Mitt can only do so much, and are glad that at least someone in the GOP will call out Trump's bullshit.

I expected the response from the Trumpers, but I'm pretty disappointed that the percentages on the other two categories aren't flip flopped.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Scott Baio quote tweeted him and threatened to move to Utah and 'unseat' him. Lol what is it about Trump that just attracts losers like flies?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Didn’t Mitt try and do the same thing 4 years ago to get state electors to cast their ballots for someone other than Trump?
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
              Didn’t Mitt try and do the same thing 4 years ago to get state electors to cast their ballots for someone other than Trump?
              Huh? Give us some actual evidence for such a claim, Mr. Guliani.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                Didn’t Mitt try and do the same thing 4 years ago to get state electors to cast their ballots for someone other than Trump?
                I'm sure he didn't vote for Trump, but... probably not.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I'm sure he didn't vote for Trump, but... probably not.
                  I am calling BS on this claim. Not a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Man, the replies to that are so disheartening. Breakdown essentially as follows:

-45% Trumpers who hate Mitt and are triggered by anything he posts;

-45% liberals who, despite loving Mitt for the last 4 years because he has repeatedly spoken out about Trump, now claim Mitt didn't do enough to combat Trump and are mad that he's not doing more to stop Trump's election lawsuits;

-10% reasonable people who realize Mitt can only do so much, and are glad that at least someone in the GOP will call out Trump's bullshit.

I expected the response from the Trumpers, but I'm pretty disappointed that the percentages on the other two categories aren't flip flopped.
                    Wrong.

Mitt is the most powerful person in America right now. He could have Trump concede in 1 phone call to MMcC.

All he has to say is no more 33 year old lifetime judicial nominations until Trump concedes and releases the GSA money.

But that tweet is sooooo powerful!

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                      Wrong.

Mitt is the most powerful person in America right now. He could have Trump concede in 1 phone call to MMcC.

All he has to say is no more 33 year old lifetime judicial nominations until Trump concedes and releases the GSA money.

But that tweet is sooooo powerful!
                      Thank you. Perfect illustration of category 2.

Comment

Thank you. Perfect illustration of category 2.
                        Is it wrong?

Trump has lost and is hell bent on destroying the country in his exit. A tweet is a sufficient counter to this shit show?

Comment

• Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Huh? Give us some actual evidence for such a claim, Mr. Guliani.
                          I did some googling and I remembered it wrong. There was talk of getting faithless electors to vote for Mitt Romney or John Kasich instead of Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ilton-electors

Vote Mitt!
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Is it wrong?

Trump has lost and is hell bent on destroying the country in his exit. A tweet is a sufficient counter to this shit show?
                            Yeah it is silly to discount every single thing Mitt does because you can always think of some other thing you would like him to do. Give the man credit, that was a great tweet.

Comment

Yeah it is silly to discount every single thing Mitt does because you can always think of some other thing you would like him to do. Give the man credit, that was a great tweet.
                              I said the tweet was powerful.

Trump is simply the reflection in the mirror of a majority of conservatives. Do you really think Mitt is that upset about what Trump does/has been doing? He could have easily carved out a coalition of moderate Republicans and stopped this madness 2 years ago. But the reality is they agree with 99% of what he says and what he does.

Stuart Stevens is right, it was all a lie.

What conservatives care about is the white grievance culture war.

Comment

I said the tweet was powerful.

Trump is simply the reflection in the mirror of a majority of conservatives. Do you really think Mitt is that upset about what Trump does/has been doing? He could have easily carved out a coalition of moderate Republicans and stopped this madness 2 years ago. But the reality is they agree with 99% of what he says and what he does.

Stuart Stevens is right, it was all a lie.

What conservatives care about is the white grievance culture war.
                                This is not my experience with the majority conservatives in my circle.

Comment

Working...
                                X