Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems very presidential.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This changes nothing.

Write in Mitt!!!
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Trump's impassioned disapproval is pretty much the best endorsement someone could ever ask for.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I listened to The Dispatch podcast featuring an interview with McKay Coppins about his new book, Romney: A Reckoning. It was interesting but I wasn't going to buy the book until I read Trump's review:

Putting aside the facts that Coppins, not Romney, wrote the book, and that Trump pretty clearly hasn't read a book in decades, if ever (other than perhaps, The Art of the Deal), Trump continues his stranglehold on the title, Biggest Asshole in Politics Today. His review impelled me just now to order the book.
          chances trump read the book (or reads any books for that matter): 0%
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• RINO was always a stupid insult as it denotes there should be purity tests to belong to a freaking political party. But Trump has rendered the term RINO completely meaningless. I don't even know if Trump and Gaetz have guiding political principles beyond raw self-serving ambition, but they certainly aren't conservatives in the Reagan/WF Buckley mold.

Comment

• John Curtis has officially filed his candidacy for Mitt's senate seat. That surprises me a bit because he was reluctant to do so. He just built a big nice house down the street from us and has indicated he is looking forward to a quieter life. But I am very happy to see this as I think he is far better than any of the other candidates that have filed so far.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                John Curtis has officially filed his candidacy for Mitt's senate seat. That surprises me a bit because he was reluctant to do so. He just built a big nice house down the street from us and has indicated he is looking forward to a quieter life. But I am very happy to see this as I think he is far better than any of the other candidates that have filed so far.
                What's his background?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

What's his background?
                  He was the mayor of Provo and then ran successfully for a seat in congress. He has been a pretty good congressman. Moderate enough that the hard-core MAGA people don't like him. Getting through the primary will be the challenge. He circumvented the convention process using the petition method, which I am sure he will need to do again. Stupid utah republicans.

Comment

• Curtis is a good candidate. Cousin Brent would be good as well. He's a level-headed moderate conservative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

He was the mayor of Provo and then ran successfully for a seat in congress. He has been a pretty good congressman. Moderate enough that the hard-core MAGA people don't like him. Getting through the primary will be the challenge. He circumvented the convention process using the petition method, which I am sure he will need to do again. Stupid utah republicans.
                      He is mid. We could do a lot worse. We probably will do worse.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Eff Maga. All day. Stupid Republicans got mad that Green Day changed 'redneck agenda' to 'maga agenda.' As though 1. Green Day wasn't always talking about you and 2. they narrowed it even further to a specific brand of moron and that's what did it?
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                        X