No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we have this saying in my profession--not sure how well it translates, but i'll give it a shot: what a butthole
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      we have this saying in my profession--not sure how well it translates, but i'll give it a shot: what a butthole
      Yeah, I am guessing that expression is used a lot in the legal profession.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Yeah, I am guessing that expression is used a lot in the legal profession.
        You'd be right. Lawyers don't like their clients much.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          You'd be right. Lawyers don't like their clients much.
          I like mine. At least the ones that pay their bills. I use that expression (or one like it) more often to describe opposing counsel.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            I like mine. At least the ones that pay their bills. I use that expression (or one like it) more often to describe opposing counsel.
            Oh boy. Don't be the guy that runs the joke.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Oh boy. Don't be the guy that runs the joke.
              GOod point. WHo would want to be responsible for ruining something so exquisitely well-crafted and executed? Sorry.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

GOod point. WHo would want to be responsible for ruining something so exquisitely well-crafted and executed? Sorry.
                I accept your apology.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I accept your apology.
                  LOL! I don't think he was being sincere and it could even be considered a "back-handed compliment" (read: insult via sarcastic praise)! Knowing creekster, I suspect that's the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    LOL! I don't think he was being sincere and it could even be considered a "back-handed compliment" (read: insult via sarcastic praise)! Knowing creekster, I suspect that's the case.
                    You don't know me. No one knows my story.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      RINOS!

Very cool to see both Utah Senators on the list.
                      ONLY 12? That's pretty shocking, considering what a blatant ruse the 'national emergency' is.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

You don't know me. No one knows my story.
                        Three things.

1- I've met you once in person and you were very nice.

2- I've interacted with and observed you on these message boards on a regular basis for well over about fifteen years. If your online persona is completely insincere, then you're right that I don't know you. I don't think that's the case so I think it's fair to say that I (along with other posters) have a fairly good grasp of you, particularly as it relates to your political, religious, sports, music, and recreational views. I'm also very familiar with what you don't think is funny (i.e., most posts by me and old gregg).

3- We were moderators together for a long time. Does that mean nothing to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            ONLY 12? That's pretty shocking, considering what a blatant ruse the 'national emergency' is.
                            It's at least an improvement over what we have been seeing from Congressional republicans as Trump has gotten crazier and crazier. There are cracks in the foundation.

Comment

• I appreciate Senator Romney breaking ranks with vichy republicans like Mike Lee, Rob Bishop, and sleezely Chris Stewart to condemn our awful president.

MITT ROMNEY LAUNCHES SCATHING ATTACK ON DONALD TRUMP, SAYS HE’S ‘SICKENED’ BY ‘DISHONESTY’ OF PRESIDENT

I am sickened at the extent and pervasiveness of dishonesty and misdirection by individuals in the highest office of the land, including the President,” Romney said in a statement.

The freshman senator and former Massachusetts governor then went on to attack specific Trump campaign members, without naming them.

“I am also appalled that, among other things, fellow citizens working in a campaign for president welcomed help from Russia—including information that had been illegally obtained; that none of them acted to inform American law enforcement,” Romney stated. “And that the campaign chairman Paul Manafort] was actively promoting Russian interests in Ukraine.

A focal point of Mueller’s investigation was a June 2016 Trump Tower meeting involving the president’s eldest son Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and a Kremlin-tied lawyer who promised dirt on Trump’s election opponent Hillary Clinton.

Romney’s statement began in a more positive tone, before criticizing Trump.

“It is good news that there was insufficient evidence to charge the President of the United States with having conspired with a foreign adversary or with having obstructed justice,” Romeny started. “The alternative would have taken us through a wrenching process with the potential for constitutional crisis. The business of government can move on.”

Romney concluded: “Reading the report is a sobering revelation of how far we have strayed from the aspirations and principles of the founders.”
                              https://www.newsweek.com/mitt-romney...source=Twitter

Comment

• Mitt Happens!!!

Stupid Donald Dump and all those who defend that lying bastard Mitt, a decent man
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X