Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
    bad look accepting it after saying id refuse your endorsement.
    He will fight him plenty in the Senate. What candidate has ever said, "I won't accept the endorsement of the POTUS"?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Reread the tweet. Mitt thanked the POtuS for his support, then pivoted to how much more important the support and endorsement of the people of Utah are.

In other words, thanks, but this over here is what matters, so GTFO.

I expect Mitt will make this race very much about Utah and will steer away from talking about the POtuS unless asked.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Reread the tweet. Mitt thanked the POtuS for his support, then pivoted to how much more important the support and endorsement of the people of Utah are.

In other words, thanks, but this over here is what matters, so GTFO.

I expect Mitt will make this race very much about Utah and will steer away from talking about the POtuS unless asked.
        Yes!! Totally agree with this.

Comment

Mitt Romney’s Mormon Mission

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...n-mission.html

For Romney, though, the Senate mission is personal. Service is a key component of Mormon missionary culture. And political service is a trait Romney inherited from both his father, George, who ran for president, and his mother, Lenore, who ran for the Senate. As the most prominent Mormon politician of his generation, Romney is running, in part, to safeguard his own legacy. That requires saving his church and his party—the two institutions Romney has dedicated his life to—from the dangers of Trumpism.

“Romney is fundamentally a Republican Party guy, a true believer in its principles, which he also truly believes are the best principles by which to govern the country,” said Russell Arben Fox, a Mormon and political science professor at Friends University. Other Mormon politicians have been cowed by Trump’s combative style and popularity with the Republican base. Romney assumes that with his reputation and talents he’ll be able swoop into Utah—as he did in 2002 with the Salt Lake Olympics—and save the Republican Party from a total-Trump takeover.
          One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
          SU

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Romney accepts endorsement from a Nazi / white supremecist. Sad!
            So a diploma from Trump University is actually worth something?
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Mitt Romney will never stop being owned by Donald

Alex Shepard, another Trump Tramp Stampee.

Mitt has these losers running scared.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

The far right folks in Utah are going nuts on Facebook. One of their biggest gripes was that Mitt wouldn't support Trump. It was funny to watch the reactions when Mitt got the Trump endorsement.

Comment

Mitt Romney will never stop being owned by Donald

Mitt has these losers running scared.
                  Exactly. It's ridiculous. There is no other reasonable explanation for why someone from the same party running for Senate should get their negative attention. The reason why these guys and other Trump supporters like the Utah GOP chairman would get so bent out of shape over a prominent and very popular (in Utah) person running for Senate is because they assume Trumpism has some kind of "right" to take over the party or country, while even though at the same time realizing they're in the minority in the general population. They wouldn't give a crap if they weren't scared/angry.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 02-20-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Good opening poll, Mitt. Don't let up. Highlight the Utah issues and let the haters hate away.

Mitt Happens!!!

Comment

Good opening poll, Mitt. Don't let up. Highlight the Utah issues and let the haters hate away.

Mitt Happens!!!

Love your new avatar, btw.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Love your new avatar, btw.
                        Yeah, I do too. He's got "teef."

Comment

May favorite extreme right "deep state" conspiracy theorists radio guys are really mad about Mitt running. "Mitt being elected would be the absolute WORST thing that has ever happened for Utah."

Really? Not just the worst, but the ABSOLUTE worst? Um. OK?

They're really mad that there are at least 2-3 other candidates (R) who have been in the race longer than Mitt and campaigning longer than Mitt, but are being totally ignored by the mainstream media. Because deep state.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            They're really mad that there are at least 2-3 other candidates (R) who have been in the race longer than Mitt and campaigning longer than Mitt, but are being totally ignored by the mainstream media. Because deep state.
                            Or because they're just crappy candidates?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              So a diploma from Trump University is actually worth something?
                              Huh? No. That was a fraudulent grab at suckers' money in exchange for real estate knowledge or something...
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Is Jenny Wilson mormon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X