No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Republican take on Trump and survive? Mitt Romney is proving it’s possible.

At a White House event on Feb. 10, featuring the nation’s governors, Trump again turned his attention to the senator. “How’s Mitt Romney?” the president asked Herbert, Utah’s governor. “You keep him. We don’t want him.”

Had Herbert been inclined to seize the moment to take the president’s side, he hardly could have had a better opportunity. Instead, he ignored Trump’s remarks and asked about the national debt.

Herbert, who did not support Trump in 2016 after rescinding an earlier endorsement, was among the many Republican leaders in Utah who spoke out against the legislative push to reprimand Romney.

. . . . . . . .

Wilson said he still hears from “Republicans friends and neighbors who are mad as hornets” about Romney’s vote. But many, he said, “have taken a deep breath” and just want to move on.

“We’ve got work to do. And Mitt Romney’s done a lot of great things for this state,” he said.

Similar dynamics were at work within the state GOP, where central committee member Brandon Beckham drafted his own censure resolution.

Romney’s vote, Beckham said, “brought embarrassment to our party” and should be formally rebuked. But he soon found that not everyone agrees. Within hours of announcing the resolution, Beckham said his Facebook page was full of criticism and abuse.

“There’s a lot of sympathy for Romney with his statement about religion and God,” Beckham lamented. “It’s almost like he’s a prophet in the way that he’s untouchable. He can’t do anything wrong.”
    You better believe it, Brandon.

Mitt Happens!!!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

“There’s a lot of sympathy for Romney with his statement about religion and God,” Beckham lamented. “It’s almost like he’s a prophet in the way that he’s untouchable. He can’t do anything wrong.”
      Brandon Beckham is a moran.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Here's some entertainment for you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RecallRomneyNow/

There's some REAL crazies out there - who are 100% convinced that they are right about everything and that everyone agrees with them.

Comment

I know Brandon and am good friends with his landlord. He posted what he was doing and I'm immediately replied that it was dumb. A few of his buddies went after me so I qualified my statement. I'm not too sure Brandon will be very chummy the next time I run into him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            I know Brandon and am good friends with his landlord. He posted what he was doing and I'm immediately replied that it was dumb. A few of his buddies went after me so I qualified my statement. I'm not too sure Brandon will be very chummy the next time I run into him.
            Stand your ground. What he did is incredibly dumb.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Stand your ground. What he did is incredibly dumb.
              Oh, I did. I can't stand the crazy wing of my party. I disagreed with Mitt's vote but I think he was earnest. There's certainly room for him under the tent of the Republican party.

Comment

Oh, I did. I can't stand the crazy wing of my party. I disagreed with Mitt's vote but I think he was earnest. There's certainly room for him under the tent of the Republican party.
                I have no problem with people disagreeing with his logic or conclusions. But to say that he should be recalled for not being loyal is insane. This isn't nazi germany.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

landlord??!?! who gives a shit what the guy says
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    landlord??!?! who gives a shit what the guy says
                    He's like a lot of LDS mid-singles men and shares a house with a few others. I haven't been over there in a few months. It's possible he moved and got his own place.

Comment

• Mitt Happens!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• lol

Comment

What's a Charlie Kirk?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            What's a Charlie Kirk?
                            A church for the Viet Cong?
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

OMG that guy is dumb af. I've seen some of his other appearances and posts on Twitter. At what point do the few remaining smart Republicans just decide they are done being the White Trash party? Or is that cool as long as they're in power?
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                OMG that guy is dumb af. I've seen some of his other appearances and posts on Twitter. At what point do the few remaining smart Republicans just decide they are done being the White Trash party? Or is that cool as long as they're in power?
                                At the point where the dems present a reasonable alternative? Nominate Bloomberg and I'll vote democrat for the first time in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X