Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1142

Thread: Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

God bless Mitt Romney.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    God bless Mitt Romney.

Mitt happens!

RIP, mbn.

God bless Mitt Romney.

Man, the replies to that are so disheartening. Breakdown essentially as follows:

-45% Trumpers who hate Mitt and are triggered by anything he posts;

-45% liberals who, despite loving Mitt for the last 4 years because he has repeatedly spoken out about Trump, now claim Mitt didn't do enough to combat Trump and are mad that he's not doing more to stop Trump's election lawsuits;

-10% reasonable people who realize Mitt can only do so much, and are glad that at least someone in the GOP will call out Trump's bullshit.

I expected the response from the Trumpers, but I'm pretty disappointed that the percentages on the other two categories aren't flip flopped.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Scott Baio quote tweeted him and threatened to move to Utah and 'unseat' him. Lol what is it about Trump that just attracts losers like flies?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Didn’t Mitt try and do the same thing 4 years ago to get state electors to cast their ballots for someone other than Trump?
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Didn’t Mitt try and do the same thing 4 years ago to get state electors to cast their ballots for someone other than Trump?
    Huh? Give us some actual evidence for such a claim, Mr. Guliani.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I'm sure he didn't vote for Trump, but... probably not.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I'm sure he didn't vote for Trump, but... probably not.
    I am calling BS on this claim. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Man, the replies to that are so disheartening. Breakdown essentially as follows:

-45% Trumpers who hate Mitt and are triggered by anything he posts;

-45% liberals who, despite loving Mitt for the last 4 years because he has repeatedly spoken out about Trump, now claim Mitt didn't do enough to combat Trump and are mad that he's not doing more to stop Trump's election lawsuits;

-10% reasonable people who realize Mitt can only do so much, and are glad that at least someone in the GOP will call out Trump's bullshit.

I expected the response from the Trumpers, but I'm pretty disappointed that the percentages on the other two categories aren't flip flopped.
    Wrong.

Mitt is the most powerful person in America right now. He could have Trump concede in 1 phone call to MMcC.

All he has to say is no more 33 year old lifetime judicial nominations until Trump concedes and releases the GSA money.

But that tweet is sooooo powerful!

Quote Originally Posted by fusnik View Post
    Wrong.

Mitt is the most powerful person in America right now. He could have Trump concede in 1 phone call to MMcC.

All he has to say is no more 33 year old lifetime judicial nominations until Trump concedes and releases the GSA money.

But that tweet is sooooo powerful!
    Thank you. Perfect illustration of category 2.

Thank you. Perfect illustration of category 2.
    Is it wrong?

Trump has lost and is hell bent on destroying the country in his exit. A tweet is a sufficient counter to this shit show?

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Default Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Huh? Give us some actual evidence for such a claim, Mr. Guliani.
    I did some googling and I remembered it wrong. There was talk of getting faithless electors to vote for Mitt Romney or John Kasich instead of Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ilton-electors

Vote Mitt!
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Is it wrong?

Trump has lost and is hell bent on destroying the country in his exit. A tweet is a sufficient counter to this shit show?
    Yeah it is silly to discount every single thing Mitt does because you can always think of some other thing you would like him to do. Give the man credit, that was a great tweet.

Yeah it is silly to discount every single thing Mitt does because you can always think of some other thing you would like him to do. Give the man credit, that was a great tweet.
    I said the tweet was powerful.

Trump is simply the reflection in the mirror of a majority of conservatives. Do you really think Mitt is that upset about what Trump does/has been doing? He could have easily carved out a coalition of moderate Republicans and stopped this madness 2 years ago. But the reality is they agree with 99% of what he says and what he does.

Stuart Stevens is right, it was all a lie.

What conservatives care about is the white grievance culture war.

Trump is simply the reflection in the mirror of a majority of conservatives. Do you really think Mitt is that upset about what Trump does/has been doing? He could have easily carved out a coalition of moderate Republicans and stopped this madness 2 years ago. But the reality is they agree with 99% of what he says and what he does.

This is not my experience with the majority conservatives in my circle.

Yes, of course he is upset. No rational person could conclude otherwise.

The man literally voted to impeach trump. Yet somehow he could have done more! smh.

Yes, of course he is upset. No rational person could conclude otherwise.

The man literally voted to impeach trump. Yet somehow he could have done more! smh.
    HE COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS SHIT SHOW TWO YEARS AGO!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    HE COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS SHIT SHOW TWO YEARS AGO!
    Do you not know how the senate works? The numbers the GOP has had the last 2 years?

He voted with Trump more than Mike Lee.

Mitt had a unique position, former nominee, insanely rich, and widely respected. He could have easily stopped Trump and been a legitimate check on this bull shit from the second he walked into the senate.

He decided to virtue signal on Twitter while rubber stamping Trump’s bull shit.

Here’s a hot take, if McCain was still alive he would have corralled Trump’s behavior which would have likely led to his re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Really? Have your conservative friends left the GOP?

What do conservatives even believe anymore?

Pro life? Sure unless it comes to a decision between those over 70 and their 401ks.
    Pro free market? Sure unless it’s tariffs.
    Character matters? Sure unless it’s a dude who rapes his wife, sexualizes his daughter and probs raped multiple women.
    Fiscal responsibility? Nah.
    Judicial restraint? Yes unless it comes to needing activist judges to overturn an election.
    Small government close to the people? I guess if that means hiring your kids.

It’s a party for white grievance and owning the libs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Really? Have your conservative friends left the GOP?

What do conservatives even believe anymore?

Pro life? Sure unless it comes to a decision between those over 70 and their 401ks.
    Pro free market? Sure unless it’s tariffs.
    Character matters? Sure unless it’s a dude who rapes his wife, sexualizes his daughter and probs raped multiple women.
    Fiscal responsibility? Nah.
    Judicial restraint? Yes unless it comes to needing activist judges to overturn an election.
    Small government close to the people? I guess if that means hiring your kids.

It’s a party for white grievance and owning the libs.

He voted with Trump more than Mike Lee.
    What does this have to do with anything? Are you suggesting he should vote against bills he believes in just to oppose the president?

"I wonder why conservatives don't just flock to support us Democrats? I genuinely don't understand why those evil, science denying, inhuman, worthless, uneducated fairytale God believing assholes don't see what's good for them."

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    What does this have to do with anything? Are you suggesting he should vote against bills he believes in just to oppose the president?
    Yeah that is exactly the logic and it is absurd.

Yeah that is exactly the logic and it is absurd.
    It has never been about Trump's legislative priorities. His twitter account, behavior, and use of executive authority is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    It has never been about Trump's legislative priorities. His twitter account, behavior, and use of executive authority is the problem.
    Exactly. And the fact that his legislative priorities mostly overlap with traditional conservative ideals is precisely the reason why so many people are willing to make excuses for him and overlook what a horrible person and leader he is.

Princeps Inter Pares

Exactly. And the fact that his legislative priorities mostly overlap with traditional conservative ideals is precisely the reason why so many people are willing to make excuses for him and overlook what a horrible person and leader he is.
    He doesn’t have legislative priorities. He has things he doesn’t care about (which is 90% of his job) and defers to the federalist society.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    He doesn’t have legislative priorities. He has things he doesn’t care about (which is 90% of his job) and defers to the federalist society.
    Yet somehow he lets Stephen Miller have free reign of his batshit white nationalist immigration policy. Never once has he said, 'you know this family separation/immigrant torture policy is cruel, unnecessary, ineffective to achieve its stated purpose, and also, since I'm a narcissist, really makes me look bad. Stephen, take a hike.'

Trump's a piece of shit-- don't get it twisted.

In some ways Trump is beyond conservative. In some ways, Trump isn't very conservative. He tries to routinely take decision making power away from state govs. he doesn't like, his national defense policy is awful and pro-dictator.

huh? traditional conservative ideals like free trade, federalism, fiscal responsibility, unwillingness to countenance foreign authoritarians, a free press, the second amendment? trump has been in open warfare with every one of those ideals. in fact, i'm not sure where the ideology of his presidency (and not his ideology, because he is clearly not beholden to any ideology) aligns with conservatism other than maybe immigration (and we have enough data points to unequivocally say he's screwed that up in cruel ways) and conservative jurists. people look to him precisely because he is a horrible person and leader, because he owns the libs.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    huh? traditional conservative ideals like free trade, federalism, fiscal responsibility, unwillingness to countenance foreign authoritarians, a free press, the second amendment? trump has been in open warfare with every one of those ideals. in fact, i'm not sure where the ideology of his presidency (and not his ideology, because he is clearly not beholden to any ideology) aligns with conservatism other than maybe immigration (and we have enough data points to unequivocally say he's screwed that up in cruel ways) and conservative jurists. people look to him precisely because he is a horrible person and leader, because he owns the libs.
    “Trump 2020, because f*** you again” may be the most accurate campaign slogan of all time.