No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, people upset that Romney called out Trump but also condemned the anti-semitism of the left. How many other GOP senators criticized the president over his remarks? Some people will never be happy unless Mitt kills Trump with a silver dagger.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Wow, people upset that Romney called out Trump but also condemned the anti-semitism of the left. How many other GOP senators criticized the president over his remarks? Some people will never be happy unless Mitt kills Trump with a silver dagger.
      Silver? Why is he using that second-grade metal? He can't afford something better?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Wow, people upset that Romney called out Trump but also condemned the anti-semitism of the left. How many other GOP senators criticized the president over his remarks? Some people will never be happy unless Mitt kills Trump with a silver dagger.
        who on here is attacking Romney? And what are the anti-Semitic remarks from the left that have risen to this level? Is it stuff about Israel?
        Last edited by frank ryan; 07-17-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          who on here is attacking Romney? And what are the anti-Semitic remarks from the left that have risen to this level? Is it stuff about Israel?
          Is this you being even-handed to both sides? I take it you haven't followed Omar and her penchant for relying on anti-semitic tropes in her speeches about the ills in America? And, as you know, Romney was criticized here, although some of that was walked back.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Is this you being even-handed to both sides? I take it you haven't followed Omar and her penchant for relying on anti-semitic tropes in her speeches about the ills in America? And, as you know, Romney was criticized here, although some of that was walked back.
            Omar was condemned by almost the entire House a few months ago for some of those words. Has it happened every time, sure, maybe not. but only 4 Republicans signing on to the resolution against Trump's words is pretty pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Omar was condemned by almost the entire House a few months ago for some of those words. Has it happened every time, sure, maybe not. but only 4 Republicans signing on to the resolution against Trump's words is pretty pathetic.
              No its not. Its politics. It would be the same way on the other side. They can be angry, they can be offended, but they aren't going to put it on the record by signing a resolution. They will admonish through back channels, if at all. This is not just a republican/Trump thing.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

First, that is incorrect. She was not named in either resolution adopted by the house, although it was clearly her anti-semtic remarks that prompted the resolutions, which I guess Frank somehow missed. Second, this thread and discussion was about ROMNEY, a senator, not about the GOP house members and their votes on a resolution which DOES specify a target. So, no, the democrats are not living on higher moral ground and, yes, there were anti-semitic comments that rose to "this level" made by Omar.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

The point is these are Americans, and where their ancestors came from should be irrelevant when discussing differences of opinion on policy. Agreed?
                  Of course. That was never in dispute.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    No its not. Its politics. It would be the same way on the other side. They can be angry, they can be offended, but they aren't going to put it on the record by signing a resolution. They will admonish through back channels, if at all. This is not just a republican/Trump thing.
                    I understand it's politics as usual. That doesn't mean we have to like it.

Comment

I understand it's politics as usual. That doesn't mean we have to like it.
                      Agreed. But we should probably stop acting so surprised when it happens.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Of course. That was never in dispute.
                        It is in dispute if we're somehow excusing Trump from going there.

Comment

It is in dispute if we're somehow excusing Trump from going there.
                          I don't think anyone is doing that.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Warning to you all. I'm moving all these stupid Trump posts over to the MAGA thread.

They are cluttering and sullying this awesome thread dedicated to Mitt.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• A man of the people.

But ketchup on a hot dog?

C'mon Mitt, we can do better.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X