Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    If you can watch that and not get teary eyes then you’re simply not human and don’t post here.
    It was really well done. No fear-mongering. I like it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      It was really well done. No fear-mongering. I like it.
      Amen. I like a campaign that focuses on why I should vote for someone, not against someone else, without demonizing immigrants or those with different opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        With any luck it will make Trump lash out at Utah and Mormons.
        Well, that's what we all expect and anticipate, but "with any luck?"..really? I don't get it.

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Amen. I like a campaign that focuses on why I should vote for someone, not against someone else, without demonizing immigrants or those with different opinions.
        +++++++++++++++++

Comment

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            Well, that's what we all expect and anticipate, but "with any luck?"..really? I don't get it.

+++++++++++++++++
            Mostly sarcasm mixed with a little bit of hope he does it so Mormons who do like Trump will wake up and realize he's not worth it.

Comment

But how will he win without the evangelical vote?
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                But how will he win without the evangelical vote?
                Salacious news about Trump and his affairs and alleged sexual misconduct tends to ATTRACT Evangelical votes, I think.
                Last edited by BlueK; 02-16-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  Mostly sarcasm mixed with a little bit of hope he does it so Mormons who do like Trump will wake up and realize he's not worth it.
                  Gotcha. Utah already doesn't necessarily support him and would go for ANY viable candidate over him in the next election. We'd be better off if he went off on the evangelicals so that he loses them for the next election - but I'm afraid he's right about being able to shoot someone in Time Square and many of his supporters not caring. #FakeNews.

Comment

Gotcha. Utah already doesn't necessarily support him and would go for ANY viable candidate over him in the next election. We'd be better off if he went off on the evangelicals so that he loses them for the next election - but I'm afraid he's right about being able to shoot someone in Time Square and many of his supporters not caring. #FakeNews.
                    There was a recent poll someone posted here showing 61% of mormons approving of Trump. LDS were above most others. What I pointed out at the time was 1, that there wasn't a separate category in that poll for Evangelicals who undoubtedly would have been probably in the 80s. Mainline, non-Evangellical Protestants tend to be much more liberal. And 2, that 61% support among mormons for a GOP president is actually pretty crappy by historical standards. That number should be in the 90s for a Republican. Still, 61% is much higher than what it should be. But I agree he'd lose a Republican primary in Utah against any viable challenger.

Comment

I love Mitt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        If you can watch that and not get teary eyes then you’re simply not human and don’t post here.
                        Sorry, didn't get teary-eyed but I breathed a big sigh of relief. It will be nice to have a a morally courageous statesman replace the deteriorating servile Hatch. Romney will single-handedly make Utah's congressional delegation no longer a complete embarrassment.

Comment

Here a couple of small things I've appreciated from Mitt since he lost his POTUS election.

When an old, ugly racist police commissioner for the township where Romney has a summer home used the N-word to describe Obama, Mitt forcefully and publicly called for his resignation. https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest...oner-to-resign

When president fuckhead pretended he was going to nominate Romney for SOS, Mitt did his due diligence and sought the advice of past secretaries, especially evil Killary! (who urged him to accept if offered). https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...e-trump-239370

I'm not a republican. I don't agree with Romney's politics, but I'm glad to have a pragmatic statesman headed to DC to replace a wilted apparatchik.

Comment

Times Square is nowhere near 5th ave you rube!

That video makes me want to move back to Utah just to vote for him. Does that make me a carpetbagger?

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Sorry, didn't get teary-eyed but I breathed a big sigh of relief. It will be nice to have a a morally courageous statesman replace the deteriorating servile Hatch. Romney will single-handedly make Utah's congressional delegation no longer a complete embarrassment.
                              True. Romney seems to be a very honorable person.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                                True. Romney seems to be a very honorable person.
                                He should be in his second term as president right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X