No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And that niece? Give me a break. Do something with your life Ms. Mc Daniel.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      lol, Mitt has the dumpsters running scared. Using HClinton tactics? Disgusting.
      Do you believe his end-game is to make a primary run?

I'm not sure how this plays out well, as Romney is still the wooden, patrician candidate that lost to Obama. Is he a Trojan Horse for the Democratic Party?

What is his end-game?
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
        Rand Paul. Ron is the one who looked up skirts for a living, while Rand was the one that made sure he wasn't nearsighted while doing it.

But yeah, Rand is being dumb here. And if anything, Romney was using coded language to gin up additional support at home. "mantle" and "child of God."
        Whoopsie. Ron Paul's hair was much less offensive (maybe because there was much less of it).
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          Do you believe his end-game is to make a primary run?

I'm not sure how this plays out well, as Romney is still the wooden, patrician candidate that lost to Obama. Is he a Trojan Horse for the Democratic Party?

What is his end-game?
          His end game on this? Maybe just to try too be a force for decency in public discourse. Maybe just that simple.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            His end game on this? Maybe just to try too be a force for decency in public discourse. Maybe just that simple.
            Hogwash. That is never a politician’s angle. He’s got you fooled.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Mitt's end game is eternal life. Mine, too!

Comment

What is his end-game?
                I think his end game is to increase tithing revenue for the Church.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Mitt's end game is eternal life. Mine, too!
                  Funny guy. For a politician it's a power play but for Mitt to what end? It always sounds nice to ascribe some nobility to leaders, but that's simply not the reality. They get power because they seek power and certain positions using either flexibility in ideology a la Romney, Trump and Clinton, or seeking a wing of a party to elevate them to power and to retain power. Putin has mastered power plays by employing the FSB, former and current Communists and playing to that base.

Does Romney believe he can be a kingmaker?

Comment

• Topper you sound like a sophomore poli sci student.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Topper you sound like a sophomore poli sci student.
                      Lol. Tell me how many high level elected officials you’ve interacted with.

You well know wealthy and powerful peopl ascend to those positions by design, not luck. It is not a lottery. You also know the simplistic sound bites given as reasons why they do something are untrue.

Mitt’s game confuses me because it is not according to the usual script. Believing he is smarter than appearances what does he personally gain by the current strategy that he couldn’t gain with a more nuanced strategy?

If you want to promote he wants to do good I won’t buy that platitude.

Comment

You well know wealthy and powerful peopl ascend to those positions by design, not luck. It is not a lottery. You also know the simplistic sound bites given as reasons why they do something are untrue.

Mitt’s game confuses me because it is not according to the usual script. Believing he is smarter than appearances what does he personally gain by the current strategy that he couldn’t gain with a more nuanced strategy?

If you want to promote he wants to do good I won’t buy that platitude.
                        I don't care. Trump is garbage, so I don't have a problem with someone within the Republican party pushing back on his BS.

Comment

It is obvious to me what drives RMoney...

The quest that RMoney is on is one that fulfills prophecy!
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Yes I know you've interacted with Mitt. Besides Mitt.

I get that LDS can be idealistic, but politicians are pragmatic, because you don't rise to that level without a clear design to grab power. Other than mocking yours truly, do you have a contribution that reveals the real world designs of a pragmatic politician and what his end-game is?

Is he trying to become a kingmaker? What is your speculation?

Comment

• lol Stupid ass Trump should have taken the $25 billion for his wall and the DACA legislation. Oh well.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X