Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    That is a very serious accusation. The KKK was responsible for murdering thousands of African Americans (PM me and I can send you a link to some non-partisan articles that back this number up).

Can you provide some examples (or articles) that support your position that Coulter is a member of the KKK?
    Satire. I didn't say she is a card carrying member.

But her public speech around the immigration issue and what a modern KKK member would say in public or on TV is pretty much indistinguishable to me.

Sorry to offend. I'm well aware of what the KKK has done in the past.

Comment

That is a very serious accusation.
      Seriously. Incredibly offensive.

The KKK would NEVER let her in.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
        Seriously. Incredibly offensive.

The KKK would NEVER let her in.
        David Duke has said he and Ann Coulter say the same things about immigration. That illustrates I was talking about.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/davi...e-been-saying/
        Last edited by BlueK; 01-04-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Satire. I didn't say she is a card carrying member.

But her public speech around the immigration issue and what a modern KKK member would say in public or on TV is pretty much indistinguishable to me.

Sorry to offend. I'm well aware of what the KKK has done in the past.
          Hey, no offense taken. Would you mind citing some examples (or non-partisan articles) that quote "modern KKK members" and then perhaps, using a T-chart or similar method, compare and contrast speech from Miss Coulter (her tweets or perhaps a book). "Indistinguishable" seems like a very high hurdle to cross.

Not that I'm doubting you, however you specifically said "KKK Coulter" so, naturally, you must be familiar enough with a body of speech from both modern KKK members and Miss Coulter herself to have made this conclusion.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Hey, no offense taken. Would you mind citing some examples (or non-partisan articles) that quote "modern KKK members" and then perhaps, using a T-chart or similar method, compare and contrast speech from Miss Coulter (her tweets or perhaps a book). "Indistinguishable" seems like a very high hurdle to cross.

Not that I'm doubting you, however you specifically said "KKK Coulter" so, naturally, you must be familiar enough with a body of speech from both modern KKK members and Miss Coulter herself to have made this conclusion.
            David Duke on his official website has a glowing review of Coulter's Adios America. Duke is a good representation of a modern KKK guy trying to put on a cleaned up, good face for that movement. He has disavowed violence, supposedly, so good for him. You can quibble with semantics I used like "indistinguishable," but personally I would consider Coulter's writings about immigration to be primarily grounded in racist thought. You can have your own opinion.
            Last edited by BlueK; 01-04-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Still mad bro? I'm sorry I didn't read your article before it was deep-sixed.
              Yes i am still very mad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                OK, I'll stop calling Romney RMoney... but do I need to stop calling Drumpf, Drumpf?
                No. I'm a reasonable man and happy to compromise. You can continue to call him that and everybody (you, me, frank) wins.

Heck, I should run for public office seeing as how agreeably we all negotiated this settlement.

Comment

David Duke has said he and Ann Coulter say the same things about immigration. That illustrates I was talking about.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/davi...e-been-saying/
                  Is "mediaite.com" partisan? I will need a third-party judgement on this before I follow your link:

Untitled.jpg
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Just for fun, I pledge to watch an hour of Primetime Fox if someone who only watches Fox will watch an hour of MSNBC. And then we can compare notes. I won't even suggest Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews, or Lawrence O'Donnell. Try "All In with Chris Hayes" at 8ET or the Eleventh Hour with Brian Williams at 11ET, which are more mainstream.
                    How about watching neither Fox nor MSNBC?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      You don't think Mitt's strategy is nuanced? He hates Trump with, as he might say in testimony meeting, every fiber of his being. His playing nice with Trump over the past year so he can moonwalk into the senior senator's seat in Utah is about as nuanced as it gets. Now it's time for him to put a foot up Trump's ass for the next two years and bank that he can run in 2024 (or, with a little luck, primary him in 2020). He no doubt still wants to be president, and he's betting that the GOP will be wanting to turn the page with the opposite side of the spectrum of the Worst President Ever.
                      I assume some of what you say is true, he wants to be President despite his denials.

Why not hold criticism until the key issues arise? That is my concern. Be a team player for the GOP and when you dislike a particular piece of legislation or policy, then speak up. That way you sound like a statesman. But here he's taking whacks without gaining anything. What does he gain from the GOP. What does he gain for the GOP? How does he combat the Dems?

It doesn't seem very nuanced, but rather haphazard. I assume he is very smart but it looks like a miscalculation to attack over personality. Why not attack on substance of a matter coming up?
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Yes i am still very mad.
                        DM me your street address and I will send you a $5 gift card to Applebees. If you haven't explored the Applebees menu lately, you are really missing out!

Comment

• Romney is very easily reducible. He is a good man. He has strong political ambitions. He probably has a lot of nervous energy, and he doesn't know what to do besides work.

It's OK to retire and enjoy those grandkids, Mitt. You've earned it.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            It's OK to retire and enjoy those grandkids, Mitt. You've earned it.
                            No doubt. I can hardly wait till I can hang it all up.

Comment

• Hey srsenlee and former place kicker jchaffetz, SFU and grow some!!!

With which of Mitt points do you specifically disagree? Aside from "Hey, don't criticize the Dump," what is it? Bunch of cowards.

Utah Sen. Mike Lee suggests Sen. Mitt Romney take 'mulligan' on harsh words for Trump

Mitt Happens!!!

afp_537309570_70439902.jpg
                              Last edited by myboynoah; 01-04-2019, 08:41 PM.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I read the article you shared while sitting here in Applebee's eating some delicious riblets. In the article:

Lou Dobbs called out Romney as well, describing him as a "traitor" and "treasonous" and said he "winds like a snake."
                                I disagree with Dobbs. This is the same tactic employed by people like frank_ryan and BlueK in the absence of substantive arguments and strikes me as particularly weak and thoughtless. These terms are used far too glibly in today's political discourse.

Comment

Working...
                                X