Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Mitt was begging Drumpf to be Secretary of State?

I liked this one too...

You realize the whole Drumpf thing isn’t insulting? His family changed the name to be more Americanized (Anglo-sounding), which was pretty common.

Vichy republicans going hard after Romney on social media. God save us from the Turd Reich.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Vichy republicans going hard after Romney on social media. God save us from the Turd Reich.
    Careful JL, wise minds on here will say you have TDS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Turd Reich.

Mitt is so in Trump's head right now.

Mitt Happens!!!
    Last edited by myboynoah; 10-05-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

That's rich coming from Joe after all the times he had Trump on his show during the 2016 primary.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    That's rich coming from Joe after all the times he had Trump on his show during the 2016 primary.
    Weird responde. None of that is some secret, and Scarborough and Trump have gone at for quite awhile now. I'm unsure what makes it rich. It would be nice if more people who coddled the Prick-in-Chief called him out.

Trump wants Romney impeached. Ted will get behind it, I'm sure.

President Trump called for Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) to be impeached Saturday and argued that Republican voters in the state made a "mistake" nominating Romney for the Senate.

In a pair of tweets, the president argued that the Utah Republican should be removed from office and that former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), another frequent Trump critic, was "better" than Romney.

"I’m hearing that the Great People of Utah are considering their vote for their Pompous Senator, Mitt Romney, to be a big mistake. I agree! He is a fool who is playing right into the hands of the Do Nothing Democrats! #IMPEACHMITTROMNEY," Trump tweeted.

"No Kevin, Jeff Flake is better!" he added, responding to Fox News reporter Kevin Corke's tweet questioning whether Romney was "the new #JeffFlake."

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ys-impeachment

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Trump wants Romney impeached. Ted will get behind it, I'm sure.
    Trump once again displaying his keen grasp of the Constitution, which doesn't include an impeachment procedure for senators (they can be expelled by the Senate for misconduct). Having a president with the rhetorical gifts of an angry ten-year-old is getting extremely tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Weird responde. None of that is some secret, and Scarborough and Trump have gone at for quite awhile now. I'm unsure what makes it rich. It would be nice if more people who coddled the Prick-in-Chief called him out.
    He was one of Trumps biggest enablers. He had Trump on his show 41 times from when Trump announced he was running to when he accepted the nomination. He and Mika were some of Trumps biggest cheerleaders during the primaries. I put a lot of blame him and other media that gave Trump 2 billion dollars worth of free media because they thought it would be an easier win for Hillary. But I guess kudos to the guy who helped open the door of the china shop and ushered in the bull is now calling out the bull for breaking the china.

He was one of Trumps biggest enablers. He had Trump on his show 41 times from when Trump announced he was running to when he accepted the nomination. He and Mika were some of Trumps biggest cheerleaders during the primaries. I put a lot of blame him and other media that gave Trump 2 billion dollars worth of free media because they thought it would be an easier win for Hillary. But I guess kudos to the guy who helped open the door of the china shop and ushered in the bull is now calling out the bull for breaking the china.
    He broke with Trump years ago. He was chummy, but cheerleader is a bit of an exaggeration. You're not wrong on the media and giving him so much coverage being a problem. But you're wrong about it being a political tactic. It was ratings. Trump is good at being a spectacle. After he won, he still received coverage of pep rallies and random press conferences that was not typical of how previous administrations were covered.

I don't think it was an organized strategy to help Hillary. This mainstream media conspiracy stuff is ironic, given Fox News was set up to be a propaganda network, the brainchild of a Nixonite pissed that the media helped bring down their guy.

Of course his true enablers are the people who continue to support him, and blame democrats, the media, and Mitt Romney for Trump's sins. The people who vote for him, retweet lies and propaganda, and surrender their common decency.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 10-05-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Trump once again displaying his keen grasp of the Constitution, which doesn't include an impeachment procedure for senators (they can be expelled by the Senate for misconduct). Having a president with the rhetorical gifts of an angry ten-year-old is getting extremely tiresome.
    Romney offers careful and sometimes muted criticism and Trump responds with a tantrum. The wrong person has control of the nuclear football.

I wonder if Romney still thinks that Syria is still Iran's route to the sea?

Romney gaffe: 'Syria is Iran's route to the sea'

During Monday night's presidential debate, Mitt Romney repeated a gaffe he has already made at least five times before
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/ir...n-route-to-sea
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That was his job. Trump was a candidate. Frank's response pretty much covers it.
    Last edited by BlueK; 10-08-2019 at 09:18 AM.

OMG Romney said something wrong seven years ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    If only he would have pulled out a sharpie to make the map right. He could have overcome this!

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Maybe, if we look hard enough, we could find something in the last seven years that Trump said correctly.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Had Romney finished the statement with "Sea of Galilee" he would have elegantly stated a major concern about Trump's abruptly announced re-positioning of US forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Maybe, if we look hard enough, we could find something in the last seven years that Trump said correctly.
    Lmao, my thoughts exactly. Ted is clearly a stickler for consistency and absolute honesty given his position as an Alt-lite Trump cult member.

Conservative Group (Club for Growth) calls Mitt Romney a Democrat Secret Asset.

Because he won't trick for Trump. They can esad.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Conservative Group (Club for Growth) calls Mitt Romney a Democrat Secret Asset.

Because he won't trick for Trump. They can esad.
    Club for Growth? More like Club for Oafs!

Mitt responds to all the hate.

Sen. Mitt Romney raises a troubling theory about Trump and Turkey

“It’s been … suggested that Turkey may have called America’s bluff, telling the president they are coming no matter what we did,” said Romney, of Utah. “If that’s so, we should know it. For it would tell us a great deal about how we should deal with Turkey, now and in the future.”

Romney then returned to the idea that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan might have given Trump an ultimatum that was met with acquiescence.

“Are we so weak and inept diplomatically that Turkey forced the hand of the United States of America? Turkey!?” Romney said.
    Mitt is correct. No doubt Erdogan called Trump and said he'd be invading and attacking the Kurds. Who knows how the deal artist responded, but the result was that Erdogan got his way. Trump pulled the U.S. troops out hastily to get them out of the way, leaving the Kurds holding their butts.

The world has Trump's number. He's all blowhard with a flaccid backbone.

Mitt Happens!!! Trump retreats while blowharding.

Yeah.. there was no reason to capitulate to Turkey. They know they want no parts of the U.S. military. Maybe Trump Towers in Istanbul were the real bargaining chips...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/1...tt-romney-has/

Of all the things to go after the NCAA for, this is not the one I wish he were making a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post

Of all the things to go after the NCAA for, this is not the one I wish he were making a priority.
    Barf. Bad move, Mitt.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Write in Mitt!!
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Yeah, why doesn't Mitt do something like get BYU into a P5 conference instead?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Accord to Christopher Steele, the Kremlin worked to prevent Romney from being made SOS:

One subject that Steele is believed to have discussed with Mueller’s investigators is a memo that he wrote in late November, 2016, after his contract with Fusion had ended. This memo, which did not surface publicly with the others, is shorter than the rest, and is based on one source, described as “a senior Russian official.” The official said that he was merely relaying talk circulating in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but what he’d heard was astonishing: people were saying that the Kremlin had intervened to block Trump’s initial choice for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney. (During Romney’s run for the White House in 2012, he was notably hawkish on Russia, calling it the single greatest threat to the U.S.) The memo said that the Kremlin, through unspecified channels, had asked Trump to appoint someone who would be prepared to lift Ukraine-related sanctions, and who would coöperate on security issues of interest to Russia, such as the conflict in Syria. If what the source heard was true, then a foreign power was exercising pivotal influence over U.S foreign policy—and an incoming President.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-trump-dossier