Thread: I'm thinking about signing the wifey and I up for Seattle to Portland.

Default I'm thinking about signing the wifey and I up for Seattle to Portland.

Anyone done it? General registration opens tomorrow, does it sell out fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    I had a friend at work do that last year. He enjoyed it.

Several dudes in my ward do it every year. Not sure why honestly. Seems like a crappy way to spend a Saturday in July.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Several dudes in my ward do it every year. Not sure why honestly. Seems like a crappy way to spend a Saturday in July.
    It's a wasted 2 days and it sounds awesome

Dilly Dilly

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

My wife and I did the 2012 STP and had a great time. The weather was perfect, the rest stops were very well run and well-stocked, and all the participants we met were friendly and supportive (some great pacelines). Until my accident, we were planning on doing it again, and with our friends here would likely have done the one-day ordeal. But the two-day was a blast.

I'm a bit of a wimp, and a nice bed and bathroom are a must for me, so I reserved a room at the finish line before and after the race. The day before the race, a bus from that hotel took us to Seattle where we checked into a hotel at the start. After a fine evening in Seattle, we took off early the next morning, stopping midway at a Holiday Inn Express (with shuttle service to/from the midpoint by the hotel). When we finished the next day, we walked across the street to our hotel. One of our best riding experiences ever. I wish I could do it again,.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    My wife and I did the 2012 STP and had a great time. The weather was perfect, the rest stops were very well run and well-stocked, and all the participants we met were friendly and supportive (some great pacelines). Until my accident, we were planning on doing it again, and with our friends here would likely have done the one-day ordeal. But the two-day was a blast.

I'm a bit of a wimp, and a nice bed and bathroom are a must for me, so I reserved a room at the finish line before and after the race. The day before the race, a bus from that hotel took us to Seattle where we checked into a hotel at the start. After a fine evening in Seattle, we took off early the next morning, stopping midway at a Holiday Inn Express (with shuttle service to/from the midpoint by the hotel). When we finished the next day, we walked across the street to our hotel. One of our best riding experiences ever. I wish I could do it again,.
    Good info. Thanks

Dilly Dilly

Sorry Mr. Bean but your title is an affront to the English language. I have to object.

Pro tip: take “the wifey and” out of your sentence and read it again. That’s not how you say it!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Sorry Mr. Bean but your title is an affront to the English language. I have to object.

Pro tip: take “the wifey and” out of your sentence and read it again. That’s not how you say it!
    It is fantastic to know who "that guy" is on CS. Thank you for revealing yourself.

Dilly Dilly

But you wouldn't say "I am thinking of signing me up..."
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

It is fantastic to know who "that guy" is on CS. Thank you for revealing yourself.

Dilly Dilly
    Actually, donuthole is that guy. Cardiac is just filling in.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

WHIle you are right, it seems like this place is so full of affronts to language, logic and decency that I am not sure why this one set you off.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    But you wouldn't say "I am thinking of signing me up..."
    Right it’s so bad on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    WHIle you are right, it seems like this place is so full of affronts to language, logic and decency that I am not sure why this one set you off.
    Haha. So much irony.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. So much irony.
    indeed.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Probably the fact that my bro asked him to post more.

Probably the fact that my bro asked him to post more.
    Wait, Mr. Bean is a [Name Redacted] acolyte?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

When posting a quick note on my phone in a cage full of poo-throwing monkeys, I will spend about a grand total of 3 nanoseconds even thinking about grammar. My boss, who is an executive at a publicly traded company, says "those ones" all the time but I'm not an asshat on an anonymous message board so I feel no need to correct him.

Dilly Dilly

Haha, I like the attitude. I hope you stick around. Plus I just think Mr Bean is a funny character.