Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: I'm thinking about signing the wifey and I up for Seattle to Portland.

  1. #1

    Default I'm thinking about signing the wifey and I up for Seattle to Portland.

    Anyone done it? General registration opens tomorrow, does it sell out fast?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Anyone done it? General registration opens tomorrow, does it sell out fast?
    I had a friend at work do that last year. He enjoyed it.

  3. #3
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,695

    Default

    Several dudes in my ward do it every year. Not sure why honestly. Seems like a crappy way to spend a Saturday in July.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Several dudes in my ward do it every year. Not sure why honestly. Seems like a crappy way to spend a Saturday in July.
    It's a wasted 2 days and it sounds awesome

    Dilly Dilly

  5. #5
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,855

    Default

    My wife and I did the 2012 STP and had a great time. The weather was perfect, the rest stops were very well run and well-stocked, and all the participants we met were friendly and supportive (some great pacelines). Until my accident, we were planning on doing it again, and with our friends here would likely have done the one-day ordeal. But the two-day was a blast.

    I'm a bit of a wimp, and a nice bed and bathroom are a must for me, so I reserved a room at the finish line before and after the race. The day before the race, a bus from that hotel took us to Seattle where we checked into a hotel at the start. After a fine evening in Seattle, we took off early the next morning, stopping midway at a Holiday Inn Express (with shuttle service to/from the midpoint by the hotel). When we finished the next day, we walked across the street to our hotel. One of our best riding experiences ever. I wish I could do it again,.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    My wife and I did the 2012 STP and had a great time. The weather was perfect, the rest stops were very well run and well-stocked, and all the participants we met were friendly and supportive (some great pacelines). Until my accident, we were planning on doing it again, and with our friends here would likely have done the one-day ordeal. But the two-day was a blast.

    I'm a bit of a wimp, and a nice bed and bathroom are a must for me, so I reserved a room at the finish line before and after the race. The day before the race, a bus from that hotel took us to Seattle where we checked into a hotel at the start. After a fine evening in Seattle, we took off early the next morning, stopping midway at a Holiday Inn Express (with shuttle service to/from the midpoint by the hotel). When we finished the next day, we walked across the street to our hotel. One of our best riding experiences ever. I wish I could do it again,.
    Good info. Thanks

    Dilly Dilly

  7. #7
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    10,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Anyone done it? General registration opens tomorrow, does it sell out fast?
    Sorry Mr. Bean but your title is an affront to the English language. I have to object.

    Pro tip: take “the wifey and” out of your sentence and read it again. That’s not how you say it!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Sorry Mr. Bean but your title is an affront to the English language. I have to object.

    Pro tip: take “the wifey and” out of your sentence and read it again. That’s not how you say it!
    It is fantastic to know who "that guy" is on CS. Thank you for revealing yourself.

    Dilly Dilly

  9. #9
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Sorry Mr. Bean but your title is an affront to the English language. I have to object.

    Pro tip: take “the wifey and” out of your sentence and read it again. That’s not how you say it!
    But you wouldn't say "I am thinking of signing me up..."
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  10. #10
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    It is fantastic to know who "that guy" is on CS. Thank you for revealing yourself.

    Dilly Dilly
    Actually, donuthole is that guy. Cardiac is just filling in.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  11. #11
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Sorry Mr. Bean but your title is an affront to the English language. I have to object.

    Pro tip: take “the wifey and” out of your sentence and read it again. That’s not how you say it!
    WHIle you are right, it seems like this place is so full of affronts to language, logic and decency that I am not sure why this one set you off.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  12. #12
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,268

    Default

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  13. #13
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    10,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    But you wouldn't say "I am thinking of signing me up..."
    Right it’s so bad on so many levels.

  14. #14
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    WHIle you are right, it seems like this place is so full of affronts to language, logic and decency that I am not sure why this one set you off.
    Haha. So much irony.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  15. #15
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. So much irony.
    indeed.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  16. #16
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    10,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    WHIle you are right, it seems like this place is so full of affronts to language, logic and decency that I am not sure why this one set you off.
    Probably the fact that my bro asked him to post more.

  17. #17
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Probably the fact that my bro asked him to post more.
    Wait, Mr. Bean is a [Name Redacted] acolyte?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    WHIle you are right, it seems like this place is so full of affronts to language, logic and decency that I am not sure why this one set you off.
    When posting a quick note on my phone in a cage full of poo-throwing monkeys, I will spend about a grand total of 3 nanoseconds even thinking about grammar. My boss, who is an executive at a publicly traded company, says "those ones" all the time but I'm not an asshat on an anonymous message board so I feel no need to correct him.

    Dilly Dilly

  19. #19

    Default

    Haha, I like the attitude. I hope you stick around. Plus I just think Mr Bean is a funny character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •