No announcement yet.

2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Olympics are awesome. I don't know why for the life of me they are holding them at that terrible mountain in Korea, but oh well. I've been loving the snowboarding slopestyle - Hockey is always a good time, too.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

ct-1518474657-b4kcyosknt-snap-image.jpg
      One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
      SU

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Winter Olympics are awesome. I don't know why for the life of me they are holding them at that terrible mountain in Korea, but oh well. I've been loving the snowboarding slopestyle - Hockey is always a good time, too.
        The Winter Olympics in its entirety should be shit-canned except the event where they ski and shoot (biathlon?). Pretty much all of the Summer Olympics should be shit-canned too, except track and field events and wrestling. You could talk me into keeping the freestyle events of swimming, but only because I'm a softy.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

It's a crappy mountain, but I love the Winter Olympics. I wish the US were up to par on the speed skating, an old standby where the US has fallen off the deep end.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            The Winter Olympics in its entirety should be shit-canned except the event where they ski and shoot (biathlon?). Pretty much all of the Summer Olympics should be shit-canned too, except track and field events and wrestling. You could talk me into keeping the freestyle events of swimming, but only because I'm a softy.
            Lol, you like wresting. That and house jumping are the worst summer Olympic sports.

Comment

Our speed skating uniforms are horrible. Our skaters are following suit.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                Our speed skating uniforms are horrible. Our skaters are following suit.
                Under armour, once again backing losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  It's a crappy mountain, but I love the Winter Olympics. I wish the US were up to par on the speed skating, an old standby where the US has fallen off the deep end.
                  Well we still have Shaun White, so we make up a bit there. Also, we have already had a couple gold medals courtesy of tiny snowboarders. It's pretty impressive.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Watched Red Gerard's slopestyle run three times, because they said he was going to tap his nose, which would drive the judges crazy. I kept waiting for this:

Comment

Well we still have Shaun White, so we make up a bit there. Also, we have already had a couple gold medals courtesy of tiny snowboarders. It's pretty impressive.
                      Without the snowboarders, we'd have almost nothing to show for this Olympics. I remember Eric Heiden and Beth Heiden and others delivering so often. It's disappointing that we can keep up with the Dutch and Norwegians.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

That Men's Halfpipe final was one of the most exciting Olympic moments in memory. Fantastic moment.

Comment

That Men's Halfpipe final was one of the most exciting Olympic moments in memory. Fantastic moment.
                          Yeah, that was awesome.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Bummer of an end to the US/Slovenia hockey game. US up 2-0 starting the third, only to lose 3-2 in overtime.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

the shaun white sobbing was a little much
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Looks like #MeToo has hit the Olympics:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ugly-story-...104140422.html

Comment

Working...
                                X