2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    It is interesting to watch the women hockey players. No surprise they aren’t as fast or aggressive as men. What surprises me is how poor their stick skills are. That doesn’t seem like something that should be that different between the sexes
    Guys are much better handling wood.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

US wins in a shootout. Great game.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Woohoo!!!!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
          US wins in a shootout. Great game.
          In this case it appears the women's stick skills were much better when it came to a shoot out.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            It is interesting to watch the women hockey players. No surprise they aren’t as fast or aggressive as men. What surprises me is how poor their stick skills are. That doesn’t seem like something that should be that different between the sexes
            Lol @ Art.

That winning shot.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Lol @ Art.

That winning shot.
              Ha. i thought the same thing - Wow that was impressive. As was 2nd goal in the shootout by the Canadian. That was a fun game.

I wasn't trying to be (overly) negative with my first post. I enjoyed watching the whole game. I was just surprised at how many lost pucks, and sloppy passes there were for the two best teams in the world.

My 17 YO stayed up and watched the game with me. It brought back fond memories of watching the Olympics with my parents as a kid. This wasn't the Miracle on Ice, but it was pretty darn exciting.

Comment

That was a pretty exciting game last night. The OT with 4 on 4 and all the open ice was great. The 20 year goalie for the U.S. came up with some really good stops also. This is really a good rivalry, two evenly matched teams that really don't like each other and are the two best in the world.

Comment

Oh come on Canada! Women's hockey player refuses to wear silver medal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e5e4a7d46e7a
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Yeah, she pulled it off just as soon they put it on her. I watched it live. What a hoser.

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

shouldn't have lost then...?
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

No kidding. The perception of hockey is so interesting up there. I expect to see days of national handwringing about the loss in Canadian media.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

A U.S. woman talking about losing in the Gold Medal match in Sochi noted that you must lose to get the Silver medal. Very disappointing.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Hey if you didn't want the U.S. to dominate your sport you shouldn't have made your country so close to us!
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                            X