Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Winter Olympics are awesome. I don't know why for the life of me they are holding them at that terrible mountain in Korea, but oh well. I've been loving the snowboarding slopestyle - Hockey is always a good time, too.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Winter Olympics are awesome. I don't know why for the life of me they are holding them at that terrible mountain in Korea, but oh well. I've been loving the snowboarding slopestyle - Hockey is always a good time, too.
    The Winter Olympics in its entirety should be shit-canned except the event where they ski and shoot (biathlon?). Pretty much all of the Summer Olympics should be shit-canned too, except track and field events and wrestling. You could talk me into keeping the freestyle events of swimming, but only because I'm a softy.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Pre-Historic Man

It's a crappy mountain, but I love the Winter Olympics. I wish the US were up to par on the speed skating, an old standby where the US has fallen off the deep end.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    The Winter Olympics in its entirety should be shit-canned except the event where they ski and shoot (biathlon?). Pretty much all of the Summer Olympics should be shit-canned too, except track and field events and wrestling. You could talk me into keeping the freestyle events of swimming, but only because I'm a softy.
    Lol, you like wresting. That and house jumping are the worst summer Olympic sports.

Our speed skating uniforms are horrible. Our skaters are following suit.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Our speed skating uniforms are horrible. Our skaters are following suit.
    Under armour, once again backing losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    It's a crappy mountain, but I love the Winter Olympics. I wish the US were up to par on the speed skating, an old standby where the US has fallen off the deep end.
    Well we still have Shaun White, so we make up a bit there. Also, we have already had a couple gold medals courtesy of tiny snowboarders. It's pretty impressive.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Watched Red Gerard's slopestyle run three times, because they said he was going to tap his nose, which would drive the judges crazy. I kept waiting for this:

Pre-Historic Man

Well we still have Shaun White, so we make up a bit there. Also, we have already had a couple gold medals courtesy of tiny snowboarders. It's pretty impressive.
    Without the snowboarders, we'd have almost nothing to show for this Olympics. I remember Eric Heiden and Beth Heiden and others delivering so often. It's disappointing that we can keep up with the Dutch and Norwegians.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

That Men's Halfpipe final was one of the most exciting Olympic moments in memory. Fantastic moment.

That Men's Halfpipe final was one of the most exciting Olympic moments in memory. Fantastic moment.
    Yeah, that was awesome.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Bummer of an end to the US/Slovenia hockey game. US up 2-0 starting the third, only to lose 3-2 in overtime.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

the shaun white sobbing was a little much
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Looks like #MeToo has hit the Olympics:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ugly-story-...104140422.html

It was great to watch. There was no way White was not going to win with that last run. It was inevitable.

Even the qualifying runs were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    It was great to watch. There was no way White was not going to win with that last run. It was inevitable.

Even the qualifying runs were awesome.
    How old was that Japanese dude that came in second? He is tiny!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    17 I think. 5'5"
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    17 I think. 5'5"
    i thought they said he was 5'2" an entire foot shorter than the dude from Australia
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hirano? He is 19. 5'3" and 100 lbs.!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Hirano? He is 19. 5'3" and 100 lbs.!

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

lol

And he's not Russian. He's an Athlete of Russia. There's a difference.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    lol

And he's not Russian. He's an Athlete of Russia. There's a difference.
    Why would you need to drug for curling? Did somebody spike his beer or vodka?

That was great. Awesome how she came in backwards.

The announcer was hilarious. It sounded like he couldn't believe he had to call that run but was doing it because that's what the job called for.

"Trying to show the judges that she can ski this half-pipe clean..."
    "Trying to show that the she has a little style at the bottom..."

And the Hungarians said they didn't know how bad she was until she got to the Olympics. LOL

Hilarious. She is now an Olympic athlete. Mission accomplished!

That's what the Olympics are all about! Being polite to people who don't deserve it!

I think the big downside to this is if she's a total A-hole in her regular life and goes on to brag on future chairlifts to captive audiences that she is an Olympic skier.

Real nice work by UnderArmor with the long-track speed skating unis. Very flattering.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock