BYU Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU Baseball 2018

I just read that the BYU baseball team was picked to finish in 1st Place by either the coaches or the sportswriters preseason poll. I went and looked at the roster and was surprised that a couple of kids who were pretty good last year didn't go pro. It appears that BYU is getting its ace, Hayden Rogers, back along with a few good hitters. I was surprised Brock Hale didn't go pro as I thought he was tearing things up pretty well at the plate. In fact they got 4 of their top 5 hitters returning and that doesn't include Kyle Dean who has yet to fulfill the hype he had coming in and appeared to be fulfilling his freshman year until he got hurt. If he is fully healthy and can hit dingers at the pace he was hitting as a freshman and raise his average to 300 he will be really good.

I also heard they got some kid named Watkins that is supposedly a real high profile senior committed. His grandpa is a crotchety whiner who doesn't even pick up the tab after a round of golf despite his great wealth. Also steals my intellectual property thinking he invented "ALUF."

Strongly considering heading down for some Saturday games if it is warm enough.

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I just read that the BYU baseball team was picked to finish in 1st Place by either the coaches or the sportswriters preseason poll. I went and looked at the roster and was surprised that a couple of kids who were pretty good last year didn't go pro. It appears that BYU is getting its ace, Hayden Rogers, back along with a few good hitters. I was surprised Brock Hale didn't go pro as I thought he was tearing things up pretty well at the plate. In fact they got 4 of their top 5 hitters returning and that doesn't include Kyle Dean who has yet to fulfill the hype he had coming in and appeared to be fulfilling his freshman year until he got hurt. If he is fully healthy and can hit dingers at the pace he was hitting as a freshman and raise his average to 300 he will be really good.

I also heard they got some kid named Watkins that is supposedly a real high profile senior committed. His grandpa is a crotchety whiner who doesn't even pick up the tab after a round of golf despite his great wealth. Also steals my intellectual property thinking he invented "ALUF."

LOL. Awesome stuff. BYU baseball should have a fun season. It was cool to see them make the NCAAs last year for the first time in forever.

Comment

I saw that as well. If you need a lawyer to help you recover the infringement of your intellectual property, I can make a recommendation.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        I saw that as well. If you need a lawyer to help you recover the infringement of your intellectual property, I can make a recommendation.
        30 minutes until the season begins. Disappointed that BYU Radio isn't airing it.

Comment

Lol. You are right about the crotchety old man. I know him.

His grandkid is a Jr. In high school so can't help BYU for a couple of years.
          Last edited by byu71; 02-16-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            Lol. You are right about the crotchety old man. I know him.

His grandkid is a Jr. In high school so can't help BYU for a couple of years.
            BYU is fighting to hold off the Matadors in the bottom of the eighth, up 10-8.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

BYU hangs on to take the series against CSUN. The middle relief was weak in this series. It looks like more of the same, good hitting but not enough pitching. CSUN was predicted to finish fifth in the Big West, Cal State Fullerton's conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                BYU is fighting to hold off the Matadors in the bottom of the eighth, up 10-8.
                I didn't know CSUN was cal. State Northridge until GS told me. Coaches thereally recruited him. Really nice guys. Met them at a tournament in Az. They told him the ocean is better than Snow. He is a mom's boy and I knew he wasn't going out of state

Comment

Working...
                X