Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    What a game.

I hate Brady and Belichick. Even having one of my all time faves in KVN on the team I still want them to lose.
    I can't believe KC tied it up with 39 seconds on the clock and only 1 TO... great game.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Barf barf barf
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Except for the first Pats v Eagles Super Bowl, basically every Brady/Belichick Super Bowl has been a classic. So there's a good chance this is going to be a really good game. Of the top 5 SBs of all time, one can easily make the argument that the Brady Pat's have been in four of them (ATL, Seattle, Philly II, New York I and Carolina were all incredible games. Rams and New York II were also good games).

I'm more pissed at the Rams' illegitimate win
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Amazing 4th quarter. What a game.

I’ll let Mahomes take over the league next year. Brady still has one more super bowl left in him.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Biggest game changing play in the LA/NO game: the missed PI Call

Biggest game changing play in the NE/KS game: the coin toss for OT

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              What a game.

I hate Brady and Belichick. Even having one of my all time faves in KVN on the team I still want them to lose.
              I feel the same way. Disappointing day for me. I wanted the Saints and the Chiefs. So now I'm okay if Pelosi wants to cancel the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                I feel the same way. Disappointing day for me. I wanted the Saints and the Chiefs. So now I'm okay if Pelosi wants to cancel the Super Bowl.
                lol
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Still really annoyed with the missed PI call that deprived the world two weeks of Taysom Hill storylines.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status...111189507?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                      LOL... I wanted the cowboys.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I guess it doesn't matter who wins... they are going to get invited to the white house for Big Macs.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of Saints fans seeking to compel Roger Goodell to require that the 4th Quarter of the LA/NO game be replayed, as the Commissioner is empowered to do in the event of "an extraordinary act" during the game (and what could be more extraordinary than a bad call, or non-call?). Applying my nearly 40 years of legal experience, I predict the lawsuit will fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of Saints fans seeking to compel Roger Goodell to require that the 4th Quarter of the LA/NO game be replayed, as the Commissioner is empowered to do in the event of "an extraordinary act" during the game (and what could be more extraordinary than a bad call, or non-call?). Applying my nearly 40 years of legal experience, I predict the lawsuit will fail!
                            I hope that got that TRO hearing set on an OST!
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of Saints fans seeking to compel Roger Goodell to require that the 4th Quarter of the LA/NO game be replayed, as the Commissioner is empowered to do in the event of "an extraordinary act" during the game (and what could be more extraordinary than a bad call, or non-call?). Applying my nearly 40 years of legal experience, I predict the lawsuit will fail!
                              The governor is now even involved.

Louisiana governor sends formal complaint to NFL over call in Rams-Saints game

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) has issued a formal complaint to the NFL over a no-penalty call by referees in Sunday's game between the New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Rams.

"On behalf of the people of Louisiana and New Orleans Saints fans all across the country, I am writing to you to express our deep disappointment with the outcome of the NFC Championship game on Sunday," Edwards wrote in the letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday.
                              [...]
                              "The very least that any fan of the Saints, or any other team, should be able to expect from any game is that the result will be denied by the players on the field," Edwards wrote. "By missing the obvious, blatant and intentional penalty at the end of the game, the referees in Sunday’s game undermined that expectation and unfortunately were allowed to determine the winner. "

"This team deserved better," Edwards wrote. "Saints fans deserved better. The City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana deserved better."

Edwards acknowledged that his input was "unlikely to change the result of the game" but pushed the NFL to consider implementing tools that would prevent a similar incident from occurring again.
                              [...]
                              https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...r-call-in-rams

I figure it is karma for what happened back in 2010.

NFL hammers Saints for bounties

Meting out unprecedented punishment for a crush-for-cash bounty system that targeted key opposing players, the NFL suspended New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton without pay for next season and indefinitely banned the team's former defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams.

Payton is the first head coach suspended by the league for any reason. He's accused of trying to cover up a system of extra cash payouts that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday called "particularly unusual and egregious" and "totally unacceptable."

Sending a message by taking a harsh stand, Goodell also banned Saints general manager Mickey Loomis for the first eight regular-season games next season -- believed to be the first time a GM was suspended by the NFL -- and assistant coach Joe Vitt for the first six games.

In addition, Goodell fined the Saints $500,000 and took away their second-round draft pick this year and in 2013.
                              [...]
                              http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...-year-bounties
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This morning’s SF Chronicle has a story about Cal and how it has sent more QBs to the Super Bowl (5) than has any other university. Only eleven schools have sent more than one (Bama, ND, and Purdue have sent three; BC, BYU, Delaware (!), Maryland, Stanford, UCLA, and Washington St. have sent two each). Despite having sent half as many QBs to the Super Bowl, BYU’s QBs have twice as many SB wins as Cal’s, however. [No link yet to the story...]

Comment

Working...
                                X