2018 nfl season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Montgomery taking the ball out of the endzone with a few seconds before the two minute warning was monumentally stupid -- and that was before he then proceeded to fumble the ball. Not surprisingly, he was told not to take the ball out of the end zone before the Rams kicked off.
    Thanks, I don't think anybody knew the story or that it was a dumb decision.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      wonder what the story is with HHCD. Assumed they were happy with him.
      according to some of the web sites I follow - he has been making noises that he wouldn't resign this offseason (he's in the 5th yr of his rookie contract). He wanted Probowler type money and his performance hasn't been at that level since '16

The big question is how they are going to replace him, they are now a bit thin at safety. One option is to move one of their CBs inside - probably Tramon Williams or maybe promote Josh Jones (if healthy enough)

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
        according to some of the web sites I follow - he has been making noises that he wouldn't resign this offseason (he's in the 5th yr of his rookie contract). He wanted Probowler type money and his performance hasn't been at that level since '16

The big question is how they are going to replace him, they are now a bit thin at safety. One option is to move one of their CBs inside - probably Tramon Williams or maybe promote Josh Jones (if healthy enough)
        pro football focus had HHCD as the number 2 rated safety this year.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...winners-losers
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

It will be nice to pair him with Swaringer in the defensive backfield. Hopefully he's rejuvenated for the rest if the season, and if he walks at the end of the year, the Redskins will probably get a 4th round comp pick in 2020.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            pro football focus had HHCD as the number 2 rated safety this year.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...winners-losers
            Don't know about that, but the GB/Milwaukee papers were not very complementary of his play this yr - way too many missed tackles
            Last edited by happyone; 11-01-2018, 03:02 PM.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post

thanks for the info - that is very interesting. and i can't believe he's in his fifth year. crazy.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                thanks for the info - that is very interesting. and i can't believe he's in his fifth year. crazy.
                neither can I

Time seems to speed up when you get to be my age

Comment

nick mullens went undrafted, cut from the niners in 2017, assigned to the practice squad in 2018, moved to a back up role when garrapolo went down with injury, was given the starting job when Beathard went down and all he did was finish his career start with a near perfect QB rating of 151.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

props to mullens, but it's crazy how bad the raiders are.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      Just tank, baby!
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        Just tank, baby!
                        but this is a title contender!
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          the raiders are awesomely bad.

That injury to Mostert was bad too. Like napoleon kaufman bad.

Spoiler for don't watch if you are squeamish:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=FCnJT9MOILg

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            the raiders are awesomely bad.

That injury to Mostert was bad too. Like napoleon kaufman bad.

Spoiler for don't watch if you are squeamish:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=FCnJT9MOILg
                            That was pretty. TBH not as bad as Kaufman or Theisman. But plenty bad.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• As it relates to the injury, at least it was his arm and not his leg. He can come back from that and be as good as new....just not this year. Its too bad he got derailed just as he was getting started. Mostert has looked like one of the real bright spots for the 49ers in his limited action thus far. .
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                As it relates to the injury, at least it was his arm and not his leg. He can come back from that and be as good as new....just not this year. Its too bad he got derailed just as he was getting started. Mostert has looked like one of the real bright spots for the 49ers in his limited action thus far. .
                                That was my thought. He will be ready to go by training camp and the arm will be normal. ACL tear would be a longer rehab and the knee may not be the same.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X