2018 nfl season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    This morning’s SF Chronicle has a story about Cal and how it has sent more QBs to the Super Bowl (5) than has any other university. Only eleven schools have sent more than one (Bama, ND, and Purdue have sent three; BC, BYU, Delaware (!), Maryland, Stanford, UCLA, and Washington St. have sent two each). Despite having sent half as many QBs to the Super Bowl, BYU’s QBs have twice as many SB wins as Cal’s, however. [No link yet to the story...]
    I do miss the golden years of BYU Football.

Comment

• Hey, it's better than the Stetson ad campaign!
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        This morning’s SF Chronicle has a story about Cal and how it has sent more QBs to the Super Bowl (5) than has any other university. Only eleven schools have sent more than one (Bama, ND, and Purdue have sent three; BC, BYU, Delaware (!), Maryland, Stanford, UCLA, and Washington St. have sent two each). Despite having sent half as many QBs to the Super Bowl, BYU’s QBs have twice as many SB wins as Cal’s, however. [No link yet to the story...]
        Is it QBs or starting QBs? Because McMahon and Young both won as starters, but the guy who preceded them also made it with the raiders in 1980 and 1983 (Marc Wilson).

Comment

• The Packers look to sign 4 first week free agents - my, oh, my - the times they are a changin

OLB Za'Darius Smith
          FS Adrian Amos
          OLB Preston Smith
          OG Billy Turner

They released OLB Nick Perry after 7 injury plagued seasons

EDIT

They also let their top 3 free agents walk
          CMIII -> Rams
          Randall Cobb -> Cowboys
          Bashaud Breeland -> Chiefs
          Last edited by happyone; 03-21-2019, 02:09 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• This is a really sad and yet at the same time aheart warming article about an UDFA who was with the Packers couple of time a few yrs ago and passed away from leukemia

https://www.packers.com/news/longfor...-to-be-with-me
            Last edited by happyone; 06-11-2019, 03:11 PM.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• I wasn't sure where to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread. Since the article was from last year, I put it here. This is the story of the Bruce Clark draft debacle by the GB Packers, who selected Mr. Clark 4th over all. He ended up signing with Toronto of the CFL and never played a down for GB. While the main theme of the article the Bruce Clark and his decision, the article does have some interesting observations on BYU QB Marc Wilson, who was also drafted that year.

behind the story of the Bruce Clark bombshell

Spoiler for Marc Wilson:

The consensus was Oklahoma running back Billy Sims would be Detroit’s for-sure No. 1 pick; Brigham Young quarterback Marc Wilson might go second to San Francisco, which had started third-year pro Steve DeBerg over rookie Joe Montana the previous fall; and USC tackle Anthony Munoz wouldn’t likely get past Cincinnati at No. 3.

Corrick said the Packers had too many questions about Wilson and flunked Munoz on his physical because of his three knee operations.

Starr, on the other hand, told me the Packers were working on a trade with Washington for the 18th pick – they had the 26th choice, acquired from San Diego, to use as trade bait – to draft Wilson until the Oakland Raiders grabbed him at No. 15.

All along in numerous interviews I had with scouts, many of them expressed reservations about Wilson’s stork-like physique – he was 6-5, 204 – and that he was more a polished passer than a strong-armed franchise quarterback in the mold of Terry Bradshaw or Bert Jones.

In fact, before the draft, one of the Packers scouts had told me, “(Wilson) looked like a survivor from the Bataan Death March, but it didn’t bother him on (game day).”
              Following the selections, some scouts also revealed Wilson had slipped even further in their minds because of growing concerns over his impassive personality and leadership qualities.
              Although Wilson never really established himself as a starter in 10 NFL seasons, the 1980 draft otherwise turned out to be deep and talented.

Last edited by happyone; 08-13-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X