Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody get up early to watch the total lunar eclipse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody get up early to watch the total lunar eclipse?

I set an alarm for 4:30 to observe the total lunar eclipse and was sort of surprised that it was already about 80% gone. I went outside initially to have a look, then realized that I could observe it through my front window looking west.

It's currently in totality. Did the moon just turn to blood? Is this a sign of the times?

Who knows, but I don't mind missing a little bit of sleep to observe a rare event like this. And unlike the total solar eclipse last August, I didn't have to travel 900 miles to see it. This was visible to everyone with a clear sky.

Did any of the rest of you bother to get up early to see this?

No dice here. Too much cloud cover. My boy was pretty disappointed. I'm kinda, meh, with celestial events until the real show.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
      No dice here. Too much cloud cover. My boy was pretty disappointed. I'm kinda, meh, with celestial events until the real show.
      Bro, a member of the choir can’t be “meh with celestial events”! You are supposed to be ushering things in with song!
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

When I experienced the solar eclipse in August, I found it most interesting as more and more of the sun disappeared. With a lunar eclipse, I found it more interesting as the bright part of the moon reappeared. It only came about half way back before the moon dropped below the trees and houses to the west of me.

I looked on YouTube for a live feed, and nearly all of them were from the Griffith Observatory. Their image seemed to be rotated about 45 degrees counterclockwise from what I was seeing. There was one other one from NASA that more closely matched what I was seeing.

To me it is worth losing a few hours of sleep to personally witness a rare event.

Comment

I was up early this morning (still getting used to my new bed). There were some clouds but I saw the moon partially eclipsed. No blood red moon for me, so I still have time to repent.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

I was unaware of the lunar eclipse event. I did not get up early to see it.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I was up early for a work event, so we just made it a little earlier to catch the event. My coworker has the whole star tracker set up on his camera from summer’s solar eclipse and snapped this photo.

Only got cloudy after totality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                I was up early for a work event, so we just made it a little earlier to catch the event. My coworker has the whole star tracker set up on his camera from summer’s solar eclipse and snapped this photo.

Only got cloudy after totality.

Crap. That looks pretty red to me
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Bro, a member of the choir can’t be “meh with celestial events”! You are supposed to be ushering things in with song!
                  I don't create my own song, just sing what others have written, so I can be, meh, on just about everything. I just have to sing/perform well enough to pass along some emotion from the composer. For example I hate the song His Hands by Kenneth Cope. However, when asked to sing it for a young women event, I did so and brought the whole room to tears. My wife thought I overdid it that time. But the principle applies.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

DRW_3558.jpg

Not all that great but we had a cloud come in just as I was starting to figure out the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                          [ATTACH]9335[/ATTACH]

Not all that great but we had a cloud come in just as I was starting to figure out the lighting.
                          Nice pic. Watched last night from the Uintahs. Clear sky. Awesome view.
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                          X