Rock the Jock: SMC v. BYU 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock the Jock: SMC v. BYU 2.0

I'm pretty stoked for tonight's game. I don't think Schroyer took kindly to the OT curb stomping we took and has the boys ready for the game. Even better that we haven't played since last Thursday.

I hope we light that high school gym on fire!
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I'm pretty stoked for tonight's game. I don't think Schroyer took kindly to the OT curb stomping we took and has the boys ready for the game. Even better that we haven't played since last Thursday.

A narrow loss in OT after leading most of the game is a curb-stomping?

Uh ... OK.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      A narrow loss in OT after leading most of the game is a curb-stomping?

Uh ... OK.
      No, just curb stomped during OT (10-point deficit in 6 minutes).

Comment

No, just curb stomped during OT (10-point deficit in 6 minutes).
        Ha. OK.

We are two missed shots (one missed, one late) by Zach Seljaas from being undefeated in conference play. And most likely ranked.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Ha. OK.

We are two missed shots (one missed, one late) by Zach Seljaas from being undefeated in conference play. And most likely ranked.
          That's why Heath is going to have the boys FIRED UP for tonight!!

Comment

Why are we playing St Mary's again when we haven't played Gonzaga yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              Why are we playing St Mary's again when we haven't played Gonzaga yet?
              Each year, the conference puts together a schedule for all conference games. Then, each team in the conference plays the games as scheduled. Sometimes, there are extenuating circumstances that make it difficult/impractical/impossible to play the games as scheduled - like the effects of earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Each year, the conference puts together a schedule for all conference games. Then, each team in the conference plays the games as scheduled. Sometimes, there are extenuating circumstances that make it difficult/impractical/impossible to play the games as scheduled - like the effects of earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.
                Or TV demands.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I don't ever remember a break from the normal schedule which is to play everyone once, then start playing everyone a second time. Am I just not paying attention?

Comment

I don't ever remember a break from the normal schedule which is to play everyone once, then start playing everyone a second time. Am I just not paying attention?
                    Not real close. Last year we played LMU twice before playing the Zags once.
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I too am pretty excited for this game. I'm glad we have Nixon back in the lineup as that gives us some good toughness in post defense as well as some leverage with fouls. Haws has been finding his shooting rhythm and has been really good lately at getting the ball to the open guy. Hoping we can get solid contributions from everyone offensively as well as stout, smart defense.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I too am pretty excited for this game. I'm glad we have Nixon back in the lineup as that gives us some good toughness in post defense as well as some leverage with fouls. Haws has been finding his shooting rhythm and has been really good lately at getting the ball to the open guy. Hoping we can get solid contributions from everyone offensively as well as stout, smart defense.
                        We can't have Childs and EB play as poorly on offense as they did in the last game against LMU or whichever was most recent.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I expect us to defend them the same as last time. Landale is the rill dill and we seem to play him straight up and let him get his points while defending the perimeter. Having some extra fouls to use against him will help, but I think limiting their 3 point shooting again will be key. They are shooting about 43% in conference play and we held them to 33% last time. Keep them under 35 again with Eli and Yoeli combining for their average on offense and the game will be close. Keep them under 35 with Eli and Yoeli playing their average and someone else (looking at you, TJ) having a great offensive game and we win. That's a lot of conditions I just put out there.

Comment

You're not paying attention then. The WCC schedule has often been a little wacky since we've been in the league. It's all because of ESPN.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 01-25-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

High School Gym on Fire --- new band name, I call it!

Comment

Working...
                              X