Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock the Jock: SMC v. BYU 2.0

Default Rock the Jock: SMC v. BYU 2.0

I'm pretty stoked for tonight's game. I don't think Schroyer took kindly to the OT curb stomping we took and has the boys ready for the game. Even better that we haven't played since last Thursday.

I hope we light that high school gym on fire!
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I'm pretty stoked for tonight's game. I don't think Schroyer took kindly to the OT curb stomping we took and has the boys ready for the game. Even better that we haven't played since last Thursday.

A narrow loss in OT after leading most of the game is a curb-stomping?

Uh ... OK.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    A narrow loss in OT after leading most of the game is a curb-stomping?

Uh ... OK.
    No, just curb stomped during OT (10-point deficit in 6 minutes).

No, just curb stomped during OT (10-point deficit in 6 minutes).
    Ha. OK.

We are two missed shots (one missed, one late) by Zach Seljaas from being undefeated in conference play. And most likely ranked.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Ha. OK.

We are two missed shots (one missed, one late) by Zach Seljaas from being undefeated in conference play. And most likely ranked.
    That's why Heath is going to have the boys FIRED UP for tonight!!

Why are we playing St Mary's again when we haven't played Gonzaga yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Why are we playing St Mary's again when we haven't played Gonzaga yet?
    Each year, the conference puts together a schedule for all conference games. Then, each team in the conference plays the games as scheduled. Sometimes, there are extenuating circumstances that make it difficult/impractical/impossible to play the games as scheduled - like the effects of earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Each year, the conference puts together a schedule for all conference games. Then, each team in the conference plays the games as scheduled. Sometimes, there are extenuating circumstances that make it difficult/impractical/impossible to play the games as scheduled - like the effects of earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.
    Or TV demands.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

I don't ever remember a break from the normal schedule which is to play everyone once, then start playing everyone a second time. Am I just not paying attention?

I don't ever remember a break from the normal schedule which is to play everyone once, then start playing everyone a second time. Am I just not paying attention?
    Not real close. Last year we played LMU twice before playing the Zags once.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

I too am pretty excited for this game. I'm glad we have Nixon back in the lineup as that gives us some good toughness in post defense as well as some leverage with fouls. Haws has been finding his shooting rhythm and has been really good lately at getting the ball to the open guy. Hoping we can get solid contributions from everyone offensively as well as stout, smart defense.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Pre-Historic Man

I too am pretty excited for this game. I'm glad we have Nixon back in the lineup as that gives us some good toughness in post defense as well as some leverage with fouls. Haws has been finding his shooting rhythm and has been really good lately at getting the ball to the open guy. Hoping we can get solid contributions from everyone offensively as well as stout, smart defense.
    We can't have Childs and EB play as poorly on offense as they did in the last game against LMU or whichever was most recent.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I expect us to defend them the same as last time. Landale is the rill dill and we seem to play him straight up and let him get his points while defending the perimeter. Having some extra fouls to use against him will help, but I think limiting their 3 point shooting again will be key. They are shooting about 43% in conference play and we held them to 33% last time. Keep them under 35 again with Eli and Yoeli combining for their average on offense and the game will be close. Keep them under 35 with Eli and Yoeli playing their average and someone else (looking at you, TJ) having a great offensive game and we win. That's a lot of conditions I just put out there.

You're not paying attention then. The WCC schedule has often been a little wacky since we've been in the league. It's all because of ESPN.
    Last edited by BlueK; 01-25-2018 at 11:17 AM.

High School Gym on Fire --- new band name, I call it!

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    High School Gym on Fire --- new band name, I call it!
    Let's work out my royalties. Have your people call my people.

Any of our Bay-area CS brethren planning to hurl your challenge to St. Mary's in person tonight?
    - Goatnapper'96

Any of our Bay-area CS brethren planning to hurl your challenge to St. Mary's in person tonight?
    duh
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Wish I could but I'm on the east coast. My folding chair against the baseline wall will have to go to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Wish I could but I'm on the east coast. My folding chair against the baseline wall will have to go to someone else.
    11 pm tipoff!

BYU shooting well.

Jock Landale might shoot 90% against us tonight.

Playing tough inside but allowing too many 3s as a result.

Ugh. Need some stops.

Ugh. Need some stops.
    Some misses by SMC would be nice. Oh and less stupid turnovers would be helpful as well.

St Mary’s loses Naar and BYU can’t capitalize. Childs throwing it away. Childs and Nixon bricking threes. That’s not the offense BYU wants.

Yoeli out of control.

Yoeli getting worked.

Man I really hate SMC. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Haws needs to step up with Yoeli out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Man I really hate SMC. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am grateful that they have limited the shots of Randy Bennett. One of the most punchable faces.