Time to get serious about a new pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    Ack! Was this a new year's resolution? If so, this is almost as dumb as that yohio thread exerting everyone to be happy.
    This is a blatant SE violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
      I am torn between the Blackstone patio oven and the Uuni 3 or Uuni Pro. I think price wise, the Uuni 3 and Blackstone are more comparable, but i like that the Uuni Pro is larger than the Uuni3 and is multi-fuel capable. When I am back to eating carbs again i'll take a closer look at these. For now I am on a ketogenic diet.
      So, I bought and tried this: https://www.califlourfoods.com And as crazy as it sounds, it was really good. I put on some pizza sauce, cheese, mushrooms, onions and pepperoni. If you eat the whole pizza, and the toppings, you can keep it 12g or less of total carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
        So, I bought and tried this: https://www.califlourfoods.com And as crazy as it sounds, it was really good. I put on some pizza sauce, cheese, mushrooms, onions and pepperoni. If you eat the whole pizza, and the toppings, you can keep it 12g or less of total carbs.
        lol. Fatty.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          lol. Fatty.
          I have never been sexier eating real food. You eat bread? Its like you don't even care if you die young.

Comment

You get that gluten-free, low-carb crap out of my pizza thread!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              You get that gluten-free, low-carb crap out of my pizza thread!
              YES!!!!!

OMG! YES! YES! YES!!

Let's kick him out!!! Ban him!

Comment

39.95 for 6 crusts? GTFOH! 2 eggs, 2 cups grated cauliflower, Italian seasoning and 2 cups mozzarella cheese...mix well and cook at 450° until set (about 15-20 min) and you have the same thing.
                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

You eat bread? Its like you don't even care if you die young.
                  Jesus ate loads of bread and died young. Case closed!
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                    39.95 for 6 crusts? GTFOH! 2 eggs, 2 cups grated cauliflower, Italian seasoning and 2 cups mozzarella cheese...mix well and cook at 450° until set (about 15-20 min) and you have the same thing.
                    Sorry, money is no object to me. But I bet your way is delicious. Maybe I will have to try that!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      Jesus ate loads of bread and died young. Case closed!
                      I might be wrong, but I don't think the bread he consumed had a lot to do with his cause of death

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

So I've been looking at pizza oven options for my planned outdoor kitchen/bar. What a variety. I've looked at the $7k+ Kalamazoo oven down to the $129 Green Mountain Grill smoker attachment (pretty cool, actually).

I started out thinking that I wanted one of the modular kits for building a good-sized oven, but the more I look I think I've decided to go small (like the Blackstone) and if it becomes some sort of obsessive hobby then I can consider moving on to some big built-in option. I also would still like the option of wood or gas-fired since wood seems cool but practically speaking I know gas would be better for me.

I wanted something that I could use as a built-in unit, but right now I think I'm settling on the Roccbox (www.roccbox.com) It has interchangeable wood and gas burners. It sits on top of a counter (or the ground), but I guess I'm okay with that.

[youtube]B2khjhswcsA[/youtube]
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

And is the Pellegrino's pizza thread still the place to look for pizza dough info?
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                            And is the Pellegrino's pizza thread still the place to look for pizza dough info?
                            We have been using this one:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...zza-dough.html

Very good. Best to prep 2-3 days ahead of when you intend to cook.

I am also reading this book:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lots of pizza dough recipes I intend to try. I will return and report.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So I went with the roccbox. Beyond simple to use, which I've done three times now - once burning Apple wood and twice heating with propane.

Tonight I was cooking bbq chicken smoked gouda pizza. I'm still not very good prepping a round crust. I'm going to blame it on a very springy dough recipe that I got from the roccbox manual.

Very fun though.

Comment

That looks great! Yum.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X