No announcement yet.

Time to get serious about a new pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! Way to go, KC. Don’t worry about not getting round pies yet. You get the hang of it really quickly.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

backyard humblebrag
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

From last week:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Need to include pics of the bottom of the pizzas ya noob.
          Bump.
          HPs are dumb people.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            From last week:

Perfectly round pizzas!
            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
              Perfectly round pizzas!
              We have had great luck with this dough recipe:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...zza-dough.html

Watch this video for the slapping technique:

Comment

HPs are dumb people.
                Walter, I already posted a photo of the bottom. They all look the same!

Comment

Anyone can make the top of a pizza look good.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

So I ate at Pizzeria Bianco the other day and overheard a couple people talking about how they shipped in an oven from Italy around '95. Could the oven make that big of a difference that they couldn't build one here or is that just good mojo?
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      So I ate at Pizzeria Bianco the other day and overheard a couple people talking about how they shipped in an oven from Italy around '95. Could the oven make that big of a difference that they couldn't build one here or is that just good mojo?
                      When I was in Minny a couple years back for some depos, I made it a point to eat at Pizzeria Lola. Legitimately, the best pizza i've ever had (right up with Bianco's and Grimaldi's--those are the gold standard for me). They had a french-designed, Maine-made, copper, wood-fired pizza oven that was awesome. The more traditional pizzas were awesome, but their pizza called the "Boise" was unreal. Paper-thin russett slices, cream, gruyere, caramelized onions, etc. Best non-traditional pizza flavor combo i've ever had. I still crave it nearly 18 months later.

EDIT: I posted about it back then. So good:

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

(Paper thin potatoes, gruyere cheese, caramelized onions, and rosemary on a perfect thin crust, cooked in a wood-fired oven)

The oven:

Last edited by Donuthole; 02-26-2018, 10:06 AM.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        When I was in Minny a couple years back for some depos, I made it a point to eat at Pizzeria Lola. Legitimately, the best pizza i've ever had (right up with Bianco's and Grimaldi's--those are the gold standard for me). They had a french-designed, Maine-made, copper, wood-fired pizza oven that was awesome. The more traditional pizzas were awesome, but their pizza called the "Boise" was unreal. Paper-thin russett slices, cream, gruyere, caramelized onions, etc. Best non-traditional pizza flavor combo i've ever had. I still crave it nearly 18 months later.

EDIT: I posted about it back then. So good:

Makes sense.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Also, I've been saying 'pizzeria' the way that Danny Aiello says it in 'Do the Right Thing.' I think that's made a difference in the taste of the pizza, too.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Not sure this is related to your question, but once you get temps that high and cook times that short, I don't think the oven has any impact whatsoever on the pizza flavor. Just a cooking machine and the differences are related to fuel source, time to heat up, size, etc.

Comment

Not sure this is related to your question, but once you get temps that high and cook times that short, I don't think the oven has any impact whatsoever on the pizza flavor. Just a cooking machine and the differences are related to fuel source, time to heat up, size, etc.
                              Ah- so I'll assume it's so they can have their patrons routinely 'overhear' how they brought in a cool oven from Italy. In fairness, really good pizza, though.

Comment

I've been thinking about this lately and the whole idea of "wood-fired" pizza. At 700+ degrees and 2-minute cook times, I don't see how there can be any wood-fired "flavor" imparted to the pizza.
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
                                X