X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      all bald presidency. like the bishopric I was in. and I'm sure that's only one of many similarities we share.
      But Pres Nelson still rocking the combover to the extent he can. I told my wife it is time for me to follow the prophet.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

I wonder what the over/under is on President Nelsons tenure... I'm guessing 4 years, one month.

I felt dirty typing that... yet I still hit the post quick reply.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
          But Pres Nelson still rocking the combover to the extent he can. I told my wife it is time for me to follow the prophet.
          I've been tempted at times to do the comb over, if for no other reason than to embarrass my kids.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            1. Eyring 2. Uchtdorf. I'll take bets at even odds up to $100.

edit: although I add, if there is a change, I think Tick's guess is about as good as possible. I have heard possibility that Eyring could be released due to wife's Alzheimer's. That kind of change is possible. Any other change for any other reason would be highly unlikely. And Christofferson is a very solid pick. He's kind of the youngish smart guy right now in the 12 they use to handle tough issues. He'd be my top pick for an opening.
            swing and miss

Comment

swing and miss
              If I had money on it I'd have lost too.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I guess it makes sense to add Oaks given he is next in line, but I'm a little surprised that Uchtdorf is gone. Can anything on the new direction of the Church be inferred from this new line up?

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  I wonder what the over/under is on President Nelsons tenure... I'm guessing 4 years, one month.

Yeah, thanks for that.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Byron Marchant is going to be pissed.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                      I guess it makes sense to add Oaks given he is next in line, but I'm a little surprised that Uchtdorf is gone. Can anything on the new direction of the Church be inferred from this new line up?
                      Focus on temples, faith, and stopping gays from marrying?
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This presidency grew up surrounded by strong women figures. Wonder if that will have an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

Start listening to that inner voice, clack.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I've been a highly unorthodox yet fiercely loyal and optimistic member for a long time. Not trying to be dramatic but this is the first time I've felt a little hopeless and dark about the future of the church. Feels like a punch to the stomach. It wasn't done without meaning. This has only happened once in the last 100 years. Uchtdorf is very popular and is viewed as being the most progressive of the bunch.

Comment

Ditching Uchtdorf was an easy call. Hair envy.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

I've been a highly unorthodox yet fiercely loyal and optimistic member for a long time. Not trying to be dramatic but this is the first time I've felt a little hopeless and dark about the future of the church. Feels like a punch to the stomach. It wasn't done without meaning. This has only happened once in the last 100 years. Uchtdorf is very popular and is viewed as being the most progressive of the bunch.
                                Yep.

Not that anyone cares...but outside of the Church this will be seen as a doubling down after President Oak's last talk at General Conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X