Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Billy Graham....

I always liked and respected Rev Graham... those others were posers... but he was a true man.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...age-99-n701276

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        Billy Graham....

I always liked and respected Rev Graham... those others were posers... but he was a true man.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...age-99-n701276
        I would have guessed he died 10 years ago.

Comment

David Ogden Stiers - Maj Winchester of M*A*S*H and Cogsworth the Clock in the animated Beauty and the Beast

Colon Cancer - he was 75

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ies-at-75.html

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
            David Ogden Stiers - Maj Winchester of M*A*S*H and Cogsworth the Clock in the animated Beauty and the Beast

Colon Cancer - he was 75

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ies-at-75.html
            It was actually bladder cancer.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

fox news strikes again

edit

It looks like they fixed the article
              Last edited by happyone; 03-07-2018, 03:49 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

2018 deaths thread

Stephen Hawking, 76.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  Stephen Hawking, 76.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I hope he finds what he wasn't looking for.

He obviously had a great mind, and of course great minds think alike.

This is a very broad question but I'll try and answer it. I'll not include any mathematics in my answer. If you would like me to get into technical details then let me know and I'll edit my answer.

The idea of multiverses has found resonance in multiple places in theoretical physics but I think Brian Greene's categorization of multiverses is perhaps the must lucid. According to Brian Greene there can be 9 types of multiverses.

Quilted, Inflationary, Brane, Cyclic, Landscape, Quantum, Holographic, Simulated and Ultimate.

I'll explain a few of them. Obviously all of them are complex theoretical models in their own right and require in-depth study.

The Quilted multiverse is very simple. It is a consequence of infinite space. If space is infinite then all events will occur infinitely. However, because of the limit on speed of light, we can only observe small part of this universe. This is called our cosmic horizon.

The Inflationary multiverse is a consequence of the Big Bang theory itself. Some people refer to it as eternal inflation. The idea is that some volume of the Universe is always under inflation and this process (through quantum fluctuations of the inflation field) essentially spawns bubbles creating new universes.

The Brane multiverse is a direct consequence of the M-theory which is kind of like amalgamation of the different flavors of the string theory. The idea is that our universe is 3 dimensional and exists inside a higher dimension space with other universes.

The Quantum multiverse is a weird theory. Some physicists believe that under quantum phenomenon there is no uncertainty and that all possible outcomes happen but in parallel universes. So if an electron resolves from a superposition, then it resolves to all possible positions in different universes. We observe the one of position in our universe. This to us appears as uncertainty but behind it is a deterministic system.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you want me to get into details about any of them and I can try and elaborate.

Last edited by clackamascoug; 03-13-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

The Quantum multiverse is a weird theory. Some physicists believe that under quantum phenomenon there is no uncertainty and that all possible outcomes happen but in parallel universes. So if an electron resolves from a superposition, then it resolves to all possible positions in different universes. We observe the one of position in our universe. This to us appears as uncertainty but behind it is a deterministic system.
                    Yeah, I saw this on Star Trek.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Yeah, I saw this on Star Trek.
                      Art imitates life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Stephen Hawkings last words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2jGy76v0Y
                        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                          Ouch! That's horrible.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Ouch! That's horrible.
                            Yeah, but it made me smile. Has anyone with ALS lived longer than he did since being diagnosed? I think he was diagnosed at age 21. Conspiracy theorists say he was a clone.
                            "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                              Yeah, but it made me smile. Has anyone with ALS lived longer than he did since being diagnosed? I think he was diagnosed at age 21. Conspiracy theorists say he was a clone.
                              I admit I laughed. Then felt bad about it. Then laughed again a little later.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Art Bell

Comment

Working...
                                X