2018 deaths thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Wolfe.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Tom Wolfe.
      Bummer, I loved his stuff in the '80s (The Right Stuff, From Bauhaus to Our House, Bonfire of the Vanities, etc. and later with A Man in Full). I liked that he dressed like an upscale temple officiator.

Comment

Novelist Philip Roth

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ph...D=ansmsnnews11

He was 85

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

For those old enough to remember to beginnings of the 49's 80s dynesty

Dwight Clark who was on the receiving end of "The Catch" passed away from ALS

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/0...ls-battle.html

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
            For those old enough to remember to beginnings of the 49's 80s dynesty

Dwight Clark who was on the receiving end of "The Catch" passed away from ALS

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/0...ls-battle.html
            Very sad. He was a very good person as well as a great athlete, and is responsible for one of the top two or three Bay Area sports memories.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Very sad. He was a very good person as well as a great athlete, and is responsible for one of the top two or three Bay Area sports memories.
              In addition to seeing the replay and actually watching the game (on TV) what really brings it close to home is that I turn 61 next month. Way, Way too young!

Comment

Kate Spade gets one more bag. Another suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  Kate Spade gets one more bag. Another suicide.

So sad.

Comment

Anthony Bourdain committed suicide.

Comment

• So sad.

Comment

• Wow.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• that is one that sucks a lot
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Several years ago, I was in a downtown Vegas restaurant for lunch. They were clearly set up for filming some sort of video segment we debated sticking around when we were done eating to see what the excitement was about. Decided to go back to the office. Was watching Parts Unknown about a year later and it was the segment we missed out on. Probably missed Bourdain by 15 minutes.

Comment

• Bourdain is awesome and this sucks. He was an absolutely brilliant storyteller.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• This is the way to remember Anthony Bourdain.

https://www.eater.com/2018/6/8/17441...morable-quotes
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X