Television 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Succession has been great. It's worth getting a subscription for a month on HBO. Barry was also really good as well as Sharp Objects.
    I really liked Succession too. Some great characters — Kieran Culkin was hilarious. I gave up on Barry — not that good in my opinion.

Anybody else watching Escape at Dannemora on Showtime? Good stuff — I always was fascinated with Escape from Alcatraz and this is similarly awesome. It’s worth watching for the beginning scene of episode 5 alone.

Comment

True Detective Season 3 looks like it's going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        True Detective Season 3 looks like it's going to be great.
        Watched the premier and I'm interested.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Watched the premier and I'm interested.
          Did you watch both episodes? They aired two on Sunday night.

I agree it looks good so far. Definitely back to the roots of the season 1.
          *Banned*

Comment

haven’t watched yet, but man i love this show. so weird that s2 was such a turd.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Did you watch both episodes? They aired two on Sunday night.

I agree it looks good so far. Definitely back to the roots of the season 1.
              Only watched the first one and planned on watching the second last night. Then had to work late instead.

I like the way they are structuring things in the 3 different time periods, and how things seem to bleed between them for the main character.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Only watched the first one and planned on watching the second last night. Then had to work late instead.

I like the way they are structuring things in the 3 different time periods, and how things seem to bleed between them for the main character.
                i watched like the first six minutes, doesn’t he have dementia or some shit?

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  i watched like the first six minutes, doesn’t he have dementia or some shit?
                  He's got some "memory problems".

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He's got some "memory problems".
                    The first episode seemed to be going toward the exact story line of the West Memphis 3. If you have seen the documentary about that case (Paradise Lost), it is really close to the same story line. Even down to them commenting on the kids Black Sabbath shirt.
                    *Banned*

Comment

caught up. this is going to be an awesome season.

Comment

Uh... guys. It is 2019 now.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Uh... guys. It is 2019 now.
                          And we still have gender inequality?!
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I’m worried TD is moving a little slow and the 3 different time periods will be a lot to tie together. Still all in but season 2 game me PTSD. I’m nervous.
                            *Banned*

Comment

crashing is great

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                I’m worried TD is moving a little slow and the 3 different time periods will be a lot to tie together. Still all in but season 2 game me PTSD. I’m nervous.
                                season 2 was garbage because it was distilled pizzolatto self indulgence. the only reason s1 is the best tv season of all time is that mcconaughey and woody are what they are and fukunaga could tell pizz that his circlejerk first year mfa dialogue was just a starting point. it’s funny that it takes basically a silent protagonist to get us back to good true detective.

Comment

Working...
                                X