Television 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    season 2 was garbage because it was distilled pizzolatto self indulgence. the only reason s1 is the best tv season of all time is that mcconaughey and woody are what they are and fukunaga could tell pizz that his circlejerk first year mfa dialogue was just a starting point. it’s funny that it takes basically a silent protagonist to get us back to good true detective.
    If you are up to date on Season 3, you should read this.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/1/...nd-3-connected
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

Watched ep 4 last night. Starting to pick up steam. There's a lot that has to happen between now and episode 8 to connect all the dots. Should start rolling.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Purely nitpicky tangent: the show has done a very good job aging the characters between the 3 timelines. Except for 80's Roland and 90's Roland. If anything, 1990 Roland (with his real hair) looks [I]younger/I] than 1980 Roland with the fake blonde wig.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

interesting. can't decide whether i'd prefer a connection. the chicken farm stuff seems like a red herring, but who knows.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

the wife/hays scenes are getting tedious. we get it, she’s a tourist and he’s moody and dealing with some vietnam shit.

Comment

True Detective:
              overall pretty great. Not quite in same category as Season 1, which ranks as one of handful of best seasons of TV ever for me. But better than season 2.
              Spoiler for not really spoiler but to be safe:
              The ending left feeling just a touch unsatisfied. But that's sometimes hard to distinguish disappointment that the season is over from disappointment of how it ended. I think I was expecting a little bit more of a twist in the season finale, when it went pretty much exactly as expected. But great season. I loved the concept of two old guys solved it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                True Detective:
                overall pretty great. Not quite in same category as Season 1, which ranks as one of handful of best seasons of TV ever for me. But better than season 2.
                The ending left feeling just a touch unsatisfied. But that's sometimes hard to distinguish disappointment that the season is over from disappointment of how it ended. I think I was expecting a little bit more of a twist in the season finale, when it went pretty much exactly as expected. But great season. I loved the concept of two old guys solved it in the end.
                So, not as good as Season 1 (incredible) and better than Season 2 (absolute disaster): that covers about 95% of tv shows ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  True Detective:
                  Well, there was the one last twist. Didn't see that coming exactly

I was a little confused by the last scene with Wayne in Viet Nam.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    So, not as good as Season 1 (incredible) and better than Season 2 (absolute disaster): that covers about 95% of tv shows ever.
                    yeah, true. Closer to Season 1 than 2. But I actually didn't hate season 2 as much as most here.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Well, there was the one last twist. Didn't see that coming exactly

I was a little confused by the last scene with Wayne in Viet Nam.
                      1. time is a flat circle, and we experience everything at the same time over and over, and 2. wayne never really left vietnam

Comment

i don’t know what i think. agree with jay that it went exactly as predicted. i’m confused about why they wasted half of the season on the amelia relationship.

Comment

i don’t know what i think. agree with jay that it went exactly as predicted. i’m confused about why they wasted half of the season on the amelia relationship.
                          And the daughter thing, which turned out to be nothing. I guess just a dead end to show how far Wayne has deteriorated?

I also liked Stephen Dorff quite a bit in this season. Welcome back, Dorff.
                          Last edited by falafel; 02-25-2019, 11:11 AM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            And the daughter thing, which turned out to be nothing. I guess just a dead end to show how far Wayne has deteriorated?

I also liked Stephen Dorff quite a bit in this season. Welcome back, Dorff.
                            he was awesome. makeup folks are maybe mvp of this season

Comment

crashing is great
                              On this we agree. It has improved each season.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

crashing is great
                                Cancelled. Sad!

Comment

Working...
                                X