Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Television 2018

Finally decide to watch the second season of Westworld. I wasn't a big fan of the first season, so I'm not really sure why I even watched it. There were some interesting things in the second season that made me like the series as a whole better, and a couple episodes were brilliant. But the show as a whole really is a complete mess. The showrunners (Jonathan Nolan (brother of Chris) and his wife Lisa Joy) intentionally try to confuse the audience and it makes everything incoherent. I don't mind shows that make you think, but I really see no point to the type of mind-fucking they like to employ.

The new nature series Serengeti on Discovery Channel, first episode was really good I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Finally decide to watch the second season of Westworld. I wasn't a big fan of the first season, so I'm not really sure why I even watched it. There were some interesting things in the second season that made me like the series as a whole better, and a couple episodes were brilliant. But the show as a whole really is a complete mess. The showrunners (Jonathan Nolan (brother of Chris) and his wife Lisa Joy) intentionally try to confuse the audience and it makes everything incoherent. I don't mind shows that make you think, but I really see no point to the type of mind-fucking they like to employ.
    I'm seven episodes through season 2, and although it definitely requires some thought, I don't think it is overly complicated. I like it as much as, if not more than, season 1.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I'm seven episodes through season 2, and although it definitely requires some thought, I don't think it is overly complicated. I like it as much as, if not more than, season 1.
    Id be interested in what your impressions are after the second season finale.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

can the thread title be changed to reflect it is almost the year of the optometrist!

Just finished Succession season 1. My favorite show in a long time. Haven't stared S2 yet, as I'm worried it can only go downhill

LOVE the Logan Roy character. Took me awhile to figure out he was the villainous Treadstone/Black Brier director in the first two Bourne movies.
    Who knew the younger Culken brother was so dang funny- and small. He looks to be 5'6" 135lbs

Id be interested in what your impressions are after the second season finale.
    I'm done!

Spoiler for Thoughts on Season 2:
    I liked it.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

In 2019 - Mind Hunter is the best show on right now.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

The Righteous Gemstones, the latest HBO comedy from Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down; Vice Principals), is hilarious. Best show McBride has done yet.

Such a good show and the 2nd season is very entertaining, still! Such a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    can the thread title be changed to reflect it is almost the year of the optometrist!

Just finished Succession season 1. My favorite show in a long time. Haven't stared S2 yet, as I'm worried it can only go downhill

LOVE the Logan Roy character. Took me awhile to figure out he was the villainous Treadstone/Black Brier director in the first two Bourne movies.
    Who knew the younger Culken brother was so dang funny- and small. He looks to be 5'6" 135lbs

The Righteous Gemstones, the latest HBO comedy from Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down; Vice Principals), is hilarious. Best show McBride has done yet.
    Can’t put Jesus on layaway.

Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.