Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Cancelled. Sad!
    Damn shame. The Series Finale was great. Season 3 was easily the best season, but season 2 was really good as well. I think the show easily had another, if not several more seasons left in it.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Cancelled. Sad!
      big oof
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
        Damn shame. The Series Finale was great. Season 3 was easily the best season, but season 2 was really good as well. I think the show easily had another, if not several more seasons left in it.
        I wouldn’t be surprised to see Netflix or Amazon pick it up. I did think it ended the season well enough to be a series finale also.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Very Cavallari is worth the watch. I don't care about her, her stupid store, or her dumb employees. But the Jay Cutler cameos are well worth suffering through the rest of the show.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Very Cavallari is worth the watch. I don't care about her, her stupid store, or her dumb employees. But the Jay Cutler cameos are well worth suffering through the rest of the show.
            From the little I've seen, I agree.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

chernobyl is good

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                chernobyl is good
                I need something to watch. thanks.

Comment

chernobyl is good
                  Very good, in part because of Jared Price whose character may want to wrap things up the way Lane Pryce did on Mad Men.

Comment

So, regarding Chernobyl, did their bodies really dissolve/disintegrate like that? Wow, that was horrifying.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

chernobyl is good
                      Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      I need something to watch. thanks.
                      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Very good, in part because of Jared Price whose character may want to wrap things up the way Lane Pryce did on Mad Men.
                      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                      So, regarding Chernobyl, did their bodies really dissolve/disintegrate like that? Wow, that was horrifying.
                      The worst thing about Chernobyl is that it's going to set the nuclear movement back 40 years. Nuclear is the cleanest, most efficient form of energy we have, but irrational fear continues to prevent more widespread implementation. Meanwhile, more people die from car crashes every 20 minutes than were killed by Chernobyl. But all those people who believe nuclear power is dangerous ride thousands of miles per year in cars.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

yes. there are some horrifying pics of a japanese dude exposed to a similar level of radiation and he basically has no skin.

Comment

chernobyl is turning out to be fantastic. jared harris is awesome, just wish he’d stop hanging himself

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            The worst thing about Chernobyl is that it's going to set the nuclear movement back 40 years. Nuclear is the cleanest, most efficient form of energy we have, but irrational fear continues to prevent more widespread implementation. Meanwhile, more people die from car crashes every 20 minutes than were killed by Chernobyl. But all those people who believe nuclear power is dangerous ride thousands of miles per year in cars.
                            That fear keeps running through my head as I watch the show. It's more terrifying and substantive than The China Syndrome, which really hurt the move to nuclear power. It'd be nice if HBO had a follow-up show explaining the many reasons why their show gives a very false impression of the benefits/risks of nuclear power. But I don't think the producers care much about that. Still, an excellent miniseries.

chernobyl is turning out to be fantastic. jared harris is awesome, just wish he’d stop hanging himself
                            When I wrote my first comment on the show and mentioned the possible demise of Harris's Lane Pryce character, I hadn't seen the opening of the first episode (I jumped in at episode two). So I went back and watched episode one and....D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Maybe I'm in the minority, but my support for nuclear power hasn't been diminished at all. I chalk up Chernobyl as something that happens when an insular, borderline third world country runs a nuclear power plant. The worst case scenario now is what happened at Fukushima, and that involved a 9.0+ earthquake.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Maybe I'm in the minority, but my support for nuclear power hasn't been diminished at all. I chalk up Chernobyl as something that happens when an insular, borderline third world country runs a nuclear power plant. The worst case scenario now is what happened at Fukushima, and that involved a 9.0+ earthquake.
                                I have a buddy who runs maintenance at a nuclear reactor and says you would really have to be a dumber version of Homer Simpson to allow anything to happen and that you can't imagine all the failsafes they have in place. I'm all for nuclear energy.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X