Oprah Winfrey for President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Sanctimonious and self-congratulatory and having solved a problem? He tweeted that his wife is hot and hash tagged it some new awareness hashtag. I mean, I see why you would fly into an indignant rage over that, but maybe dial it down a notch.
    I am not in a rage, and I shouldn't have picked on JT, and he was right about his wife in any event. But I am sort of tired of these Hollywood types being so smug about their place in the world. And maybe I am wrong, but the coverage of the Globes I saw made a lot fo these folks seem very self-congratulatory. And sanctimonious. That's all.

In fact, my wife recently met JT through her job and found him to be a very polite and personable guy. Just to be fair.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I am not in a rage, and I shouldn't have picked on JT, and he was right about his wife in any event. But I am sort of tired of these Hollywood types being so smug about their place in the world. And maybe I am wrong, but the coverage of the Globes I saw made a lot fo these folks seem very self-congratulatory. And sanctimonious. That's all.

In fact, my wife recently met JT through her job and found him to be a very polite and personable guy. Just to be fair.

That's cool. I think Hollywood knows it's in deep shit and culpable of a lot on some level, so he may feel like it's incumbent to at least say something? Dunno. Maybe I don't follow close enough to be sick and tired of any specific thing.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Maybe I don't follow close enough to be sick and tired of any specific thing.
        You're just not old enough. Wait a few years.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Thanks for validating the hopes and dreams of Mrs. NWC.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Coming soon to an administration near you:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

You're just not old enough. Wait a few years.
              Nicest thing anybody's ever said to me.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Clearly, that kiss shows that she knew and approved of Weinstein's deplorable actions.
                https://pagesix.com/2017/11/28/actre...-to-seduce-me/

I understand this Page 6. I would expect lots more of this type of thing to come out and from very reputable outlets. I can’t imagine Oprah would risk her status for the headache of following Trump.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

How awesome would it be if President Winfrey's Chair of the SEC is Martha Stewart?
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    How awesome would it be if President Winfrey's Chair of the SEC is Martha Stewart?
                    And Woody Allen could serve as Secretary of Education. I hear he's good with children.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Snoop Dogg as drug czar.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Who gets to be the First Lady? Gayle or Stedman?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Who gets to be the First Lady? Gayle or Stedman?
                          Stedman is, technically, a non-voting member of the faculty of Coker College.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            Stedman is, technically, a non-voting member of the faculty of Coker College.
                            So when Stedman dies, which Coker faculty member gets to warm Oprah's bed?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So when Stedman dies, which Coker faculty member gets to warm Oprah's bed?
                              Harpo Marx.

Comment

Oprah says nope.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/25/58063...the-dna-for-it
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X