Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HQ Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    I recently had a very lengthy discussion at work where I explained in detail the correct plural form of the word "octopus."
    You must be a regular laugh riot at the office Christmas party. I was a classics major with five years of Latin and two years of Greek but have yet to find an occasion to discuss the virtues of the fourth decension—or any other declension, for that matter—at work. I do, however, know every word to Adeste Fideles, so I guess that’s something.

Princeps Inter Pares

Default HQ Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    You must be a regular laugh riot at the office Christmas party. I was a classics major with five years of Latin and two years of Greek but have yet to find an occasion to discuss the virtues of the fourth decension—or any other declension, for that matter—at work. I do, however, know every word to Adeste Fideles, so I guess that’s something.
    You're exactly right! And now, thanks to HQ, we are laughing on our way to the bank. Cha-Ching!
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    You're exactly right! And now, thanks to HQ, we are laughing on our way to the bank. Cha-Ching!
    Maybe I should look into this! I bet I could win at least $3 for being the only one in the state to recognize the correct use of Bluebook Rule 10.2.1(f) and the proper hyphenation of compound modifiers.

There are a lot of extra lives being used.

Tonight only about 1000 got Q14 correct and then all of a sudden there are 3500 people answering Q15 to go for part of the $25K.