HQ Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    For some reason, I haven't noticed any of HQ's notifications until after the games have started. Frustrating. Especially since I knew Subway had more franchise locations than McDonald's (presuming that was the question asked by the responses here). Probably would have missed other questions, though.
    Has been the case since the late 90s, yeah? I always assumed it was the direct result of overhead and franchising rights--much cheaper for a couple of bread ovens than all the machines you'd need to run a McDs.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Has been the case since the late 90s, yeah? I always assumed it was the direct result of overhead and franchising rights--much cheaper for a couple of bread ovens than all the machines you'd need to run a McDs.
      Not sure when they overtook McDonald's, but it could have been the 90s. I remember reading something about it in a Subway a while back.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The only trivia I'm interested in, is Walter still punishing his kids by making them play these games?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          The only trivia I'm interested in, is Walter still punishing his kids by making them play these games?
          Oh man, I am still laughing about that e-mail from his daughter.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Damn Jean Renoir.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Damn Jean Renoir.
              Yeah, I panicked, but it wouldn't matter. These ones have been brutal.

Comment

Renoir.

Tough set of questions.

Comment

I think I would have got 50% at best.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    Yeah, I panicked, but it wouldn't matter. These ones have been brutal.
                    only 13 winners. 153 bucks.

Comment

I give up. I can't remember to do these things to save my life.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        Ha. Both times I've played, my two daughters have participated with me. I'll have to shout out "THIS IS BULL CRAP!" the next time I get booted for a question with a seemingly obvious answer like the Renoir one tonight.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Been signed up for 5 days and have missed every one; work, daughters b day, symphony, poor memory etc.
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Was talking with the Mrs. shortly after I arrived home and she mentioned having seen Jeopardy at someone else's house today (not something she typically chooses to watch). Reminded me about HQ, but I joined in too late. I would have missed at least two of the questions I saw, so it's not like I'm that upset. Maybe one of these times I'll actually notice the notification.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                              Been signed up for 5 days and have missed every one; work, daughters b day, symphony, poor memory etc.
                              That's too bad. I used "hostile1" as my referral code.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

It's not that I keep forgetting, I'm working so I just don't have time to spend 15 minutes trying to win $5
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X