What's for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Now we know you're messing with us. DMD is so good that children immediately recognize the deliciousness. Try getting some kid to gulp down a cup of coffee or a stupid craft beer you stood in line for 2 hours to buy (leaving out the fact that you'd never in a million years relinquish control of that bottle of beer). They will spit it out at first taste. You know this to be true.
    Children also love ketchup. Children slather that tomato sugar paste all over food. Of course children love sugar and, thus, love DMD and MD. A child will also probably prefer a Hershey's bar to artisan bean to bar dark chocolate. I wouldn't stake your claim about the superior beverage on the tastes of children.

It takes time to develop a taste for bitter flavors. Of course children do not love beer, coffee, or distilled spirits, they need to develop a taste for it. I have no doubt that a child would spit out his or her first taste of beer, coffee, or a distilled spirit.

Also, you are wrong about me hording beer, including the special release beer. I shared the first bottle of Fifth Element with my wife and one of our good friends who was over that evening.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Children also love ketchup. Children slather that tomato sugar paste all over food. Of course children love sugar and, thus, love DMD and MD. A child will also probably prefer a Hershey's bar to artisan bean to bar dark chocolate. I wouldn't stake your claim about the superior beverage on the tastes of children.

It takes time to develop a taste for bitter flavors. Of course children do not love beer, coffee, or distilled spirits, they need to develop a taste for it. I have no doubt that a child would spit out his or her first taste of beer, coffee, or a distilled spirit.

Also, you are wrong about me hording beer, including the special release beer. I shared the first bottle of Fifth Element with my wife and one of our good friends who was over that evening.
      What I hear: "it takes a long time to convince your mouth not to eject these nasty flavors, and then you can act cool and tell people you actually prefer them to naturally delicious flavors."
      Last edited by falafel; 01-23-2018, 03:21 PM.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Dude, you are so amazingly sophisticated!!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I like catsup. I also like milk chocolate, although I prefer dark chocolate. I have liked many of the wines I have tried. I have alos liked many of the spirits I have tried. Every beer I have tried tastes like what I imagine goat piss in a glass would taste like. Except Stella Artois, which tastes like what I imagine dirty dishwater tastes like. Just MO.

Besides, regardless of how sophisticated you say you are, hating DMD makes me question your opinions on all things gustatory
          Last edited by creekster; 01-23-2018, 03:27 PM.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            What I hear: "it takes a long time to convince your mouth not to eject these nasty flavors, and then you can act cool and tell people you actually prefer them to naturally delicious flavors."
            Did you just refer to DMD as "naturally delicious."
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Did you just refer to DMD as "naturally delicious."
              Meaning that your body automatically and "naturally" recognizes the deliciousness. You don't have to train your body to like it, as you have described doing for beer, coffee and distilled spirits.

Come on funk, let's share a toast and knock back a couple of DMDs with half-and-half. You are free to Irish yours up a bit if that's what you need to do to make yourself feel better about drinking it.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm getting really pissed off with all of this negative DMD talk. Almost everyday at work someone tells me it's so gross and I politely tell them to fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                  I'm getting really pissed off with all of this negative DMD talk. Almost everyday at work someone tells me it's so gross and I politely tell them to fuck off.
                  I love you, man.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post

My fav is when an obvious Type II risk profile starts in on the harm of DMD. Or someone sloshy at a happy hour talking about the dangers of aspartame.

Comment

I love tomato sugar paste.

Comment

diet soft drinks are gross. and NMD, gfy.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          diet soft drinks are gross. and NMD, gfy.
                          Whatever, fatty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Whatever, fatty.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Whatever, fatty.

Comment

Chobani coconut yogurt + scoop wife's homemade granola (recipe follows). DMDCR + splash h&h.

Wife of Sobchak Homemade Granola
                                ½ cup coconut oil, melted
                                ⅓ cup maple syrup
                                ⅓ cup brown sugar
                                2 tbs vanilla
                                ½ tsp salt
                                5 cups oats
                                1 cup pecans or almonds, coarsely chopped
                                1 cup pumpkin seeds
                                ¼ cup flax seeds

Preheat oven to 325°.

Whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Fold in oats, nuts, and seeds.

Prepare a cookie sheet either by spraying bottom with some cooking spray or use a piece of parchment paper.

Spread out in a thin layer onto prepared cookie sheet. Compact with the back of a spatula. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Break into pieces.
                                Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 01-24-2018, 08:39 AM.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X