What's for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    If you're going big with the cream in your eggs and the sausage and gravy, why wuss out at the end with skim milk?
    I’ll hazard a guess: because that’s the milk he had in the fridge?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      well, that's certainly one theory.

Comment

That is correct, it was what was in the fridge

I had some leftover cream from caramel making that had to be used, so that went in the eggs and the gravy. (still got about a half a cup so that will go into the mashed potatos tomorrow along with some canned milk Also the eggs were cooked in bacon fat.

There is also leftover sausage, so that will be part of breakfast tomorrow
        Last edited by happyone; 01-27-2018, 05:35 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Something I learned about on a cruise ship - Country Benedict.

They had about half a dozen variants of Eggs Benedict, but this one was most unique. Corn bread on the bottom, link sausages cut in half lengthwise next, then a poached egg, and country gravy like they put on Biscuits and Gravy.

Every once in a while I have to do something different, and that was breakfast this morning.

Comment

• skim milk is a crime against humanity
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              skim milk is a crime against humanity
              OMG I just read this on wikipedia.

Historically, skimmed milk was used for fattening pigs, and was recommended as "not only the very best supplement for growing pigs, but is of almost equal value for fattening purposes" as it "furnishes a complete protein" and makes the feed "more palatable."
              If I'm getting your point, and I think I am, you're saying that humans drinking something that was made for 'fattening pigs' is a crime against humanity. I tend to agree. Crazy that our government FDA is letting this happen. It's why they exist!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                OMG I just read this on wikipedia.

If I'm getting your point, and I think I am, you're saying that humans drinking something that was made for 'fattening pigs' is a crime against humanity. I tend to agree. Crazy that our government FDA is letting this happen. It's why they exist!
                My father was raised on a dairy, and my best friend growing up had milk cows that he milked every day. In both his family and my family, we referred to skim milk as pig’s milk.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

A smoothie. Two scoops of protein powder, spinach, chia seeds, plain Greek yogurt, milk, strawberries, raspberries, and a frozen banana. Then a dmd.
                  Skip the milk... just make the smoothie with DMD!
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Duke's Hatch Green Chile sausage and a dmd.

Comment

• What's for breakfast?

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Duke's Hatch Green Chile sausage and a dmd.
                      Yes! This is my exact lunch at lease once a week. Have you tried the peach flavored ones? Very good.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Duke's Hatch Green Chile sausage and a dmd.
                        One of those things sounds delicious.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          One of those things sounds delicious.
                          Hey come on, the sausage sounds pretty good too!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• In the summer months, cold brew coffee with Chocolate Oatly Milk is basically the perfect breakfast beverage.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I ate at Mama's in San Francisco last week for breakfast. I had never heard of it, but those who live around there definitely know about it and it gets a lot of hype. Definitely lived up to its name- the Monte Cristo was soooooo good.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Yes! This is my exact lunch at lease once a week. Have you tried the peach flavored ones? Very good.
                                Yes I love all of them. Dukes makes an incredible stick of beef.

Comment

Working...
                                X