What's for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Three eggs, scrambled and seasoned with salt and pepper.
    Two slices of toast made from Grandma Sycamore's Wheat bread and generously buttered.
    Water.
    I have that same breakfast quite often.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Omg. Chemicals!

Hope nobody lets it slip to funk that all matter is comprised of chemicals. He'd be mad at science for years.

Comment

Omg. Chemicals!

Everything is chemicals and everything will kill you.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Let me see if I can sum up funk's contributions to this humble thread:

"Hey everybody,
          I drink coffee!
          I drink beer!
          I drink whiskey!
          I have more sophisticated tastes than you!
          Unlike you dumb rubes, I am willing to try new things!"
          Super mean post. I'm not going to try the DMDCR anymore and I will not report on the experience.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I have tried a lot of things but WRT alcoholic beverages I CHOOSE not to consume them. Consuming them does not make one sophisticated or superior. In fact, I am a little embarrassed for you.
          I agree that consuming alcoholic beverages does not make one more sophisticated or superior. I have not made this statement. Instead, I have mentioned how it is learning to love bitter flavors and the craft involving with producing them. For some people this is enjoyable, for others it is not.

There is absolutely a craft involved with producers of beer and spirits that is not there with diet soda. It is the difference between smoking a brisket and all that goes into that process compared to throwing a roast in the crock pot. Both may be valid, but there is more effort, ability, and technique that goes into the former.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            Super mean post. I'm not going to try the DMDCR anymore and I will not report on the experience.

I agree that consuming alcoholic beverages does not make one more sophisticated or superior. I have not made this statement. Instead, I have mentioned how it is learning to love bitter flavors and the craft involving with producing them. For some people this is enjoyable, for others it is not.

There is absolutely a craft involved with producers of beer and spirits that is not there with diet soda. It is the difference between smoking a brisket and all that goes into that process compared to throwing a roast in the crock pot. Both may be valid, but there is more effort, ability, and technique that goes into the former.
            Not sure how you can make this statement until you really dive into the world of craft diet sodas.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Not sure how you can make this statement until you really dive into the world of craft diet sodas.
              Good point, but the discussion has been focused on mass produced sodas like DMD and DMDCR.

I concede your point.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Bowl of Wheat Chex with chocolate milk. #oxcoug

Can of DMD.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Two fried eggs, cooked in the grease of two strips of Benton bacon. Outstanding.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• honey nut cheerios in whole milk. probs going to make me poop my pants.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• A smoothie. Two scoops of protein powder, spinach, chia seeds, plain Greek yogurt, milk, strawberries, raspberries, and a frozen banana. Then a dmd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Saturday is the day I eat what I really want for breakfast

2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese melted in and diced ham added along with a touch of cream added before scrambling
                        3 sausage links (the kind they sell at Sam's)
                        big spoonful of hash browns
                        sausage gravy over the eggs and hash browns

1 glass skim milk (that's the milk that's in the fridge)

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                          Saturday is the day I eat what I really want for breakfast

2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese melted in and diced ham added along with a touch of cream added before scrambling

Holy crap. Now that's a breakfast!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Almost sounds like Sills.

Comment

• Pop tarts
                              Hash browns
                              Coca-Cola

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

If you're going big with the cream in your eggs and the sausage and gravy, why wuss out at the end with skim milk?

Comment

Working...
                                X