Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 136

Thread: What's for breakfast?

  1. #91
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    God bless Utah!
    MDCR is carried around here, just not DMDCR. So frustrating! And our trip to Utah for Xmas was scratched because of illness.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  2. #92

    Default

    I have never had DMDCR. It is apparently available for me to purchase here. I will not be purchasing any.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I have never had DMDCR. It is apparently available for me to purchase here. I will not be purchasing any.
    Actually, if I can find a single can or bottle and do not have to buy a 12 pack, I will buy one on the way home and report on it.

    I should not be dismissing it without actually tasting it (the way you people dismiss the deliciousness of beer, coffee, and whiskey without trying it first).
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  4. #94
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Actually, if I can find a single can or bottle and do not have to buy a 12 pack, I will buy one on the way home and report on it.

    I should not be dismissing it without actually tasting it (the way you people dismiss the deliciousness of beer, coffee, and whiskey without trying it first).
    Will you consume it tonight or save it for breakfast (considering the theme of this thread)?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  5. #95
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Actually, if I can find a single can or bottle and do not have to buy a 12 pack, I will buy one on the way home and report on it.

    I should not be dismissing it without actually tasting it (the way you people dismiss the deliciousness of beer, coffee, and whiskey without trying it first).
    Tried them before dismissing them, thanks.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  6. #96
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,688

    Default

    Let me see if I can sum up funk's contributions to this humble thread:

    "Hey everybody,
    I drink coffee!
    I drink beer!
    I drink whiskey!
    I have more sophisticated tastes than you!
    Unlike you dumb rubes, I am willing to try new things!"
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Let me see if I can sum up funk's contributions to this humble thread:

    "Hey everybody,
    I drink coffee!
    I drink beer!
    I drink whiskey!
    I have more sophisticated tastes than you!
    Unlike you dumb rubes, I am willing to try new things!"
    Also DMD drinkers are unhealthy because chemicals.

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Also DMD drinkers are unhealthy because chemicals.
    That reminds me ... I need to refill my 40 ounce tumbler again

  9. #99
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,494

    Default

    Chocolate muffin from the Corner Bakery and a Coke Zero


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
    That reminds me ... I need to refill my 40 ounce tumbler again
    the yeti tumblers are great. ice cold dmd all day long, without that watered down taste!
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  11. #101
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Actually, if I can find a single can or bottle and do not have to buy a 12 pack, I will buy one on the way home and report on it.

    I should not be dismissing it without actually tasting it (the way you people dismiss the deliciousness of beer, coffee, and whiskey without trying it first).
    I have tried a lot of things but WRT alcoholic beverages I CHOOSE not to consume them. Consuming them does not make one sophisticated or superior. In fact, I am a little embarrassed for you.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  12. #102
    Board Bookworm happyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Davis County
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    the yeti tumblers are great. ice cold dmd all day long, without that watered down taste!
    YES!!!

    I got one for Christmas and I can't believe how long the ice lasts. There has been ice left after 3 days.

    If anyone is interested, it has been 2 DMD night.
    Last edited by happyone; 01-24-2018 at 09:20 PM.

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

  13. #103
    Board eye candy beefytee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lehi
    Posts
    4,538

    Default

    Interesting article came across my feed this morning. Apparently there are actual chemicals in coffee and there is a chance that California will have to provide cancer warnings for coffee.

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAv805F?m=en-us&ocid=Money

    Coffee is on the hot seat because of the presence of acrylamide, a flavorless chemical produced during the roasting process.
    Acrylamide is one of more than 900 chemicals on a list of those known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Businesses must warn about the presence of any of the chemicals under the law, known as Proposition 65.

  14. #104
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    Interesting article came across my feed this morning. Apparently there are actual chemicals in coffee and there is a chance that California will have to provide cancer warnings for coffee.

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAv805F?m=en-us&ocid=Money
    Omg. Chemicals!

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  15. #105
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,416

    Default

    Three eggs, scrambled and seasoned with salt and pepper.
    Two slices of toast made from Grandma Sycamore's Wheat bread and generously buttered.
    Water.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  16. #106
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Three eggs, scrambled and seasoned with salt and pepper.
    Two slices of toast made from Grandma Sycamore's Wheat bread and generously buttered.
    Water.
    I have that same breakfast quite often.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  17. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Omg. Chemicals!

    Hope nobody lets it slip to funk that all matter is comprised of chemicals. He'd be mad at science for years.

  18. #108
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Omg. Chemicals!

    Everything is chemicals and everything will kill you.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  19. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Let me see if I can sum up funk's contributions to this humble thread:

    "Hey everybody,
    I drink coffee!
    I drink beer!
    I drink whiskey!
    I have more sophisticated tastes than you!
    Unlike you dumb rubes, I am willing to try new things!"
    Super mean post. I'm not going to try the DMDCR anymore and I will not report on the experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I have tried a lot of things but WRT alcoholic beverages I CHOOSE not to consume them. Consuming them does not make one sophisticated or superior. In fact, I am a little embarrassed for you.
    I agree that consuming alcoholic beverages does not make one more sophisticated or superior. I have not made this statement. Instead, I have mentioned how it is learning to love bitter flavors and the craft involving with producing them. For some people this is enjoyable, for others it is not.

    There is absolutely a craft involved with producers of beer and spirits that is not there with diet soda. It is the difference between smoking a brisket and all that goes into that process compared to throwing a roast in the crock pot. Both may be valid, but there is more effort, ability, and technique that goes into the former.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  20. #110
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Super mean post. I'm not going to try the DMDCR anymore and I will not report on the experience.



    I agree that consuming alcoholic beverages does not make one more sophisticated or superior. I have not made this statement. Instead, I have mentioned how it is learning to love bitter flavors and the craft involving with producing them. For some people this is enjoyable, for others it is not.

    There is absolutely a craft involved with producers of beer and spirits that is not there with diet soda. It is the difference between smoking a brisket and all that goes into that process compared to throwing a roast in the crock pot. Both may be valid, but there is more effort, ability, and technique that goes into the former.
    Not sure how you can make this statement until you really dive into the world of craft diet sodas.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  21. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Not sure how you can make this statement until you really dive into the world of craft diet sodas.
    Good point, but the discussion has been focused on mass produced sodas like DMD and DMDCR.

    I concede your point.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  22. #112
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Bowl of Wheat Chex with chocolate milk. #oxcoug

    Can of DMD.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

    Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

  23. #113
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,688

    Default

    Two fried eggs, cooked in the grease of two strips of Benton bacon. Outstanding.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  24. #114

    Default

    honey nut cheerios in whole milk. probs going to make me poop my pants.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  25. #115

    Default

    A smoothie. Two scoops of protein powder, spinach, chia seeds, plain Greek yogurt, milk, strawberries, raspberries, and a frozen banana. Then a dmd.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #116
    Board Bookworm happyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Davis County
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Saturday is the day I eat what I really want for breakfast

    2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese melted in and diced ham added along with a touch of cream added before scrambling
    3 sausage links (the kind they sell at Sam's)
    big spoonful of hash browns
    sausage gravy over the eggs and hash browns

    1 glass skim milk (that's the milk that's in the fridge)

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

  27. #117
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    Saturday is the day I eat what I really want for breakfast

    2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese melted in and diced ham added along with a touch of cream added before scrambling
    3 sausage links (the kind they sell at Sam's)
    big spoonful of hash browns
    sausage gravy over the eggs and hash browns

    1 glass skim milk (that's the milk that's in the fridge)
    Holy crap. Now that's a breakfast!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  28. #118
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    Saturday is the day I eat what I really want for breakfast

    2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese melted in and diced ham added along with a touch of cream added before scrambling
    3 sausage links (the kind they sell at Sam's)
    big spoonful of hash browns
    sausage gravy over the eggs and hash browns

    1 glass skim milk (that's the milk that's in the fridge)
    Almost sounds like Sills.

  29. #119
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,416

    Default

    Pop tarts
    Hash browns
    Coca-Cola

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  30. #120
    Senior Member BigFatMeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, UT
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    Saturday is the day I eat what I really want for breakfast

    2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese melted in and diced ham added along with a touch of cream added before scrambling
    3 sausage links (the kind they sell at Sam's)
    big spoonful of hash browns
    sausage gravy over the eggs and hash browns

    1 glass skim milk (that's the milk that's in the fridge)
    If you're going big with the cream in your eggs and the sausage and gravy, why wuss out at the end with skim milk?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •