X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Monson has passed away.

As reported by the Deseret News
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...he-rescue.html
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

He has been in the First Presidency since I joined the Church on January 20, 1991.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Bummer. RIP President Monson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

90 is a good run. RIP.
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I remember his "little Tommy" stories. He seemed to have been in a lot of pain toward the end.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

His talk "Finisher's Wanted" is one of my Top 5 conference talks of all time. I go back to it frequently and I share it with others often.

I'm glad that I will have that to remind myself of what my Heavenly Father wants and expects from me.

Godspeed.

Comment

A wonderful, kind, and loving man. I am going to miss him.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I’ll miss his sing song style and stories. They always inspired me to be better.

I also wonder how angry John Dehlin is that Kate Kelly was mentioned in the NYT article as the example of people speaking up and being excommunicated?
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  A wonderful, kind, and loving man. I am going to miss him.
                  I'm waiting for Nikuman to weigh in on TSM before I formulate my opinion of TSM's legacy.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

I didn't cry like I did when Hinckley passed, nevertheless my eyes welled up when I saw the news hit my Twitter timeline. I'll miss him, his stories, that slicked back hair and the inflections in his voice and his unique delivery. Godspeed.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      I didn't cry like I did when Hinckley passed, nevertheless my eyes welled up when I saw the news hit my Twitter timeline. I'll miss him, his stories, that slicked back hair and the inflections in his voice and his unique delivery. Godspeed.
                      I really liked President Hinkley. I liked President Monson mostly because he was the President. The system will give us another. However, I have been expecting President Monson to die for a long time whereas I wasn't quite as prepped to the idea with President Hinkley. God speed President Monson...next man up!
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        I'm waiting for Nikuman to weigh in on TSM before I formulate my opinion of TSM's legacy.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

TSM was called as an apostle in 1963. That is a crazy long run. He was 36 years old when he was called!

He is the last in a sequence of apostles (GBH, LTM, BKP, TSM) that I remember as being apostles for basically my entire life. They don't seem to call them at such an early age anymore, so this is kind of the end of an era.

We are friends with a family where the father was a Seventy so they did all of the kids' wedding receptions in the Joseph Smith Building in SLC. We ran into TSM a few times at those events and had the opportunity to have a nice chat. One time we were talking and he looked both ways and said, "My wife HATES it when I do this, but watch this..." and he wiggled his ears. My kids were thrilled.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            However, I have been expecting President Monson to die for a long time whereas I wasn't quite as prepped to the idea with President Hinkley.
                            This is the key. Most us us have been primed for Monson to pass for the last 4 years or so. Hinckley was older, but his death came as more of a surprise, even despite his age.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Love the story in the linked article about how he had the prompting to visit the hospital and decided to wait until the meeting was over. We all fall short at times but we can use those failures as lessons.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                              X