No announcement yet.

President Monson has passed away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed 4 FB friends sharing a change.org petition to persuade the NYT to rewrite Monson's obituary.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

I saw that, too. Who cares at this point?
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I saw that, too. Who cares at this point?
        The one thing that church members can take heart in is knowing that Trump will do or say something stupid to knock this Obit from the front page pretty quickly. Many have already forgotten...except the SL Trib commenters...they never forget!
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Even worse than the people who can't let this go are the ones who post the WH's statement of condolences for Monson's passing with a big "THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP". I'm annoyed that the NYT fell into their little narrative about the "fake news."
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

NYT Obits desk responds:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/0...mentsContainer

People need to let it go. This is getting embarrassing.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              You’re making good points. But perhaps reacting a bit strongly to the reaction. I havent ready the NYT article, tbh. I was only comparing the tweets that were posted earlier in the thread. The NYT has a clear POV. And they could have said more or something else. But as you say it’s not surprising what they did say and in general I have no problem with it. TSM was a good guy who loved people. He knew it. God knew it. And we all know that God knows it
              Can we be clear about something. He loved some people. He probably even loved most people. He did not love LGBTQ people.
              Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 01-08-2018, 07:02 PM.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                Can we be clear about something. He loved some people. He probably even loved most people. He did not love LGBTQ people.
                I'll bet you he did.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Oh brother.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I'll bet you he did.
                    I'll take that bet. Prop 8 and the exclusion policy both happened on his watch. These are very far from loving actions.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I'll take that bet. Prop 8 and the exclusion policy both happened on his watch. These are very far from loving actions.
                      Man, you are trying way too hard.

I’m sure you dint do everything just the way your son wants it done. That’s so unloving of you!
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You'd lose. I know you don't like the church's policies related to LGBTQ people, but you've really got to be look at things from more than one perspective. You're tunnel vision on these issues is killing your credibility.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What if his underlying reason for all of that is to keep people out of the misogynistic and homophobic religion? Then would it be considered loving actions? Huh? Did you ever think of htat?
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            What if his underlying reason for all of that is to keep people out of the misogynistic and homophobic religion? Then would it be considered loving actions? Huh? Did you ever think of htat?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I'm trying too hard to write satire?
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I'm trying too hard to write satire?
                                Well, probably.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X