No announcement yet.

President Monson has passed away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't particularly care for his speaking style, but I think he was a great man, and I'll miss him.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

NYT getting blasted by a lot of national media. No surprise that Funk thought it was a great article.
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        NYT getting blasted by a lot of national media. No surprise that Funk thought it was a great article.
        Links?
        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
            Links?
            I can't teach an old guy how to use twitter.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              That tale appears to be the same tale.

Name of person. Role of person. A group the person opposed. The age the person died.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post

Name of person. Role of person. A group the person opposed. The age the person died.
                I'm interested to know whether you place Fidel Castro on the same moral plane as President Monson.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  I'm interested to know whether you place Fidel Castro on the same moral plane as President Monson.
                  I do not place them on the same moral plane at all. Castro was obviously a much worse human being.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

You dont see the difference? Castro's is like "Attaboy!" and TSM's is like "what a loser!"
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

The two headlines together of Castro and Monson, def comes across as bad form by the NYT. I honestly thought the article itself was a nice write up. The NYT is left of center and is opposed to anything that is perceived as anti-gay or anti-progressive, they didn't take any shots at Monson, just stated that he didn't back down from attempts from people to pressure him. It read as Monson being a man who stood for what he believed in, despite those beliefs becoming less popular socially.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        The two headlines together of Castro and Monson, def comes across as bad form by the NYT. I honestly thought the article itself was a nice write up. The NYT is left of center and is opposed to anything that is perceived as anti-gay or anti-progressive, they didn't take any shots at Monson, just stated that he didn't back down from attempts from people to pressure him. It read as Monson being a man who stood for what he believed in, despite those beliefs becoming less popular socially.
                        Thats how you read it; that's not how the primary part of its left of center following would read it. Just ask our old buddy SU what it meant.
                        Last edited by creekster; 01-04-2018, 04:56 PM.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I do not place them on the same moral plane at all. Castro was obviously a much worse human being.
                          There's hope for you yet.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Just ask our old buddy SU what it meant.
                            Subtext, man. Subtext.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              That was certainly a very generous spin to that article. I wouldn't characterize the article as positive of Monson because of the emphasis on LBGQT issues. Monson's presidential legacy is directly tied to Prop 8 and the exclusion of gay parent's children from baptism. To outsiders, not exactly a positive image.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Elder Bednar is almost assuredly going to lead the church some day.
                                Seems like IndyCoug did some actuarial work on predicting that and, indeed, the stats say it will be a long tenure, si Dios quiere.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X