President Monson has passed away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    This is the key. Most us us have been primed for Monson to pass for the last 4 years or so. Hinckley was older, but his death came as more of a surprise, even despite his age.
    signed,

soonercoug. hehehe
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

I loved his "We want Monson...out" basketball story. Good man. RIP President Monson.

Comment

Rest in peace Thomas Monson.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Why is this not on the front page of CNN.com? Strange. Usually they cover the death of a prophet.

NY Times had a nice article.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
            Why is this not on the front page of CNN.com? Strange. Usually they cover the death of a prophet.

NY Times had a nice article.
            Duh. Fake news.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Duh. Fake news.
              Maybe the Church is being marginalized by the MSM.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                Maybe the Church is being marginalized by the MSM.
                Pretty safe bet.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Was this the January Surprise, Nikuman teased us with?
                  *Banned*

Comment

Pretty safe bet.

The NY Times is a good article on his legacy.
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/o...imes&smtyp=cur
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Here's a Monson story I've always liked. Happened to a family in our old ward.

Their daughter (Elizabeth) and a male friend (Robert) were driving to BYU from Portland for fall semester. While driving at highway speed around the Idaho Utah border, Robert falls asleep at the wheel and they have a terrible roll over accident. Both are life flighted to SLC. Sister G in our ward flies to SLC immediately to attend to her daughter who's in intensive care and is in very critical condition. Robert died from his injuries. Sister G is sitting in the hall at the hospital all teary eyed and forlorn. President Monson walks by notices her and inquires after her. She explained the story and situation and with his hand on her arm says excuse me a moment and turns his gaze away. He then turns to her and says, Robert has importuned The Lord and requested that Elizabeth continue to live because it was his fault the accident happened. Elizabeth will be just fine. Sister G said that she never mentioned Roberts name to him.

While watching October conference a few weeks later, President Monson used the word Importuned in his conference talk. That word is not something that Sister G would just make up - and it was used in her testimony on the first Sunday of September.

I've known Sister G for 30 years, I believe her story.
                      Last edited by clackamascoug; 01-03-2018, 11:29 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        This is the key. Most us us have been primed for Monson to pass for the last 4 years or so. Hinckley was older, but his death came as more of a surprise, even despite his age.
                        Nelson is 93. You think he has a tenure longer than 4 years?
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          Here's a Monson story I've always liked. Happened to a family in our old ward.

Their daughter (Elizabeth) and a male friend (Robert) were driving to BYU from Portland for fall semester. While driving at highway speed around the Idaho Utah border, Robert falls asleep at the wheel and they have a terrible roll over accident. Both are life flighted to SLC. Sister G in our ward flies to SLC immediately to attend to her daughter who's in intensive care and is in very critical condition. Robert died from his injuries. Sister G is sitting in the hall at the hospital all teary eyed and forlorn. President Monson walks by notices her and inquires after her. She explained the story and situation and with his hand on her arm says excuse me a moment and turns his gaze away. He then turns to her and says, Robert has importuned The Lord and requested that Elizabeth continue to live because it was his fault the accident happened. Elizabeth will be just fine. Sister G said that she never mentioned Roberts name to him.

While watching October conference a few weeks later, President Monson used the word Importuned in his conference talk. That word is not something that Sister G would just make up - and it was used in her testimony on the first Sunday of September.

I've known Sister G for 30 years, I believe her story.
                          I definitely importuned Google for the meaning of that word right now.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            Nelson is 93. You think he has a tenure longer than 4 years?
                            I don't know anything about his health. Oaks would be next and he's not exactly a spring chicken any more.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

TSM was called as an apostle in 1963. That is a crazy long run. He was 36 years old when he was called!

He is the last in a sequence of apostles (GBH, LTM, BKP, TSM) that I remember as being apostles for basically my entire life.
                              Who is LTM?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                                Who is LTM?
                                Whoops sorry. Should be LTP. L Tom Perry.

Comment

Working...
                                X