Happy New Year: 2018 Resolutions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year: 2018 Resolutions.

Happy New Year everyone. I resolve to stop calling other drivers names even if they are idiots.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I resolve to not watch a single comic book superhero film this year, even if available for "free" (e.g. Netflix, et al).

Half of the top ten, and six of the top 11?! This madness must end. 16 years of reality TV gave us Trump; I shudder to think what the glut of idiotic super hero movies will yield in 10 years time.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      I resolve to not watch a single comic book superhero film this year, even if available for "free" (e.g. Netflix, et al).

Half of the top ten, and six of the top 11?! This madness must end. 16 years of reality TV gave us Trump; I shudder to think what the glut of idiotic super hero movies will yield in 10 years time.
      What a craptacular list of movies. I've seen only one of the top 100 and that wasn't even in a theater. (John Wick 2, go figure). I'll probably see Dunkirk eventually but nothing else on that list looks even remotely worth watching although I didn't look at the list past the top 100.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        What a craptacular list of movies. I've seen only one of the top 100 and that wasn't even in a theater. (John Wick 2, go figure). I'll probably see Dunkirk eventually but nothing else on that list looks even remotely worth watching although I didn't look at the list past the top 100.
        I think a lot of the talent has moved to television series.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

i promise to spend 50% more time on sports chat blogs this year. because you guys deserve more of me.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            i promise to spend 50% more time on sports chat blogs this year. because you guys deserve more of me.
            You’re like our on-line hair shirt!
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              You’re like our on-line hair shirt!
              idk who they are but the spirit has prompted me that there are people who need my presence in their lives at this time
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

My resolution is to organize my tools and related supplies. I like to aim high.

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I resolve to go through 20 books this year... I've found a good way to guard against the blues late at night is to listen to a book, drink some diet coke, and play online pool.

Life is good.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Last year, I resolved to see 100 different species of birds each month. I missed getting there in August due to kidney stone surgery; I also missed November and December because I didn't have the free time to go to the coast. My resolution this year is the same as last year.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Last year, I resolved to see 100 different species of birds each month. I missed getting there in August due to kidney stone surgery; I also missed November and December because I didn't have the free time to go to the coast. My resolution this year is the same as last year.
                        That resolution is for the birds.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Happy New Year everyone. I resolve to stop calling other drivers names even if they are idiots.
                          This year I'll remember to take names after I kick ass. Totally forgot that part in 2017.

Comment

Lose 100 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              I resolve to go through 20 books this year... I've found a good way to guard against the blues late at night is to listen to a book, drink some diet coke, and play online pool.

Life is good.
                              Sounds like a good way to guard against sleep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                              X