Nobody's watchings, Cougs maul Vandals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody's watchings, Cougs maul Vandals

Dastrup is actually playing well. If he develops, we could be seeing the team come together.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Dastrup is actually playing well. If he develops, we could be seeing the team come together.
    Wrong 208 school, Topper.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      Wrong 208 school, Topper.
      So close topper!

Comment

Childs and Elijah might lead this team into a tournament team, we'll see. TJ played OK, but I can't help be disappointed by him. I thought TJ would be an instant superstar. He spent a year playing like a clown, now he's tightening up his game, but he doesn't seem like he'll ever be more than a role player.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Childs and Elijah might lead this team into a tournament team, we'll see. TJ played OK, but I can't help be disappointed by him. I thought TJ would be an instant superstar. He spent a year playing like a clown, now he's tightening up his game, but he doesn't seem like he'll ever be more than a role player.
          I think fans' general perception of TJ's contribution this year is all wrong. He had a rough year for stretches last season, but he has tightened it up and is more than a role player. Third leading scorer and team leader in assists by a wide margin. His assist/TO ratio is the also the best on the team by an even wider margin. A valid complaint is that he is not shooting as well as he needs to, but I expect that to improve as well because his shot selection is so much better than last year.

He frustrated me constantly last year. I am a fan this year and still have hope he can get even better.

Comment

He's much more than just a role player, though he is definitely not the best player on this team. I don't remember exactly who I argued with last season about this in these forums (likely everyone), but as I stated then, Bryant is clearly the best player on the roster. It's no longer arguable, with Childs coming in a close second, or maybe they are 1a and 1b.

At times, Haws can change the complexion of games in a way role players just can't. In order for this team to get to a first round play in game (my predicted ceiling), he's going to have to come up big at opportune times this season—maybe take over a game like he sometimes can, against a team who in the past few seasons BYU has lost to, but shouldn't have.

I fully expect Haws to have some big games as the season progresses. I think part of his struggles (which aren't all that pronounced, nor do I think it's totally fair to call them struggles), is the fact he's improved greatly on the defensive end, mostly due to increased effort. With greater defensive effort, he just doesn't have the legs to play like he did offensively last season. Also, he's bought into the sharing the ball mentality of this team. That simply means less touches, and for a ball dominant player that's a challenging adjustment to make.

From my perspective, his progress in trying to improve his overall game is promising.
            Last edited by tooblue; 12-22-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

thanks, mission trip!
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
              X