Lavar Ball is going to start a new basketball league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavar Ball is going to start a new basketball league

Aimed at kids who don't want to go to college, the Junior Basketball Association is going to be funded by the Big Baller Brand. Kids will need to agree to wear the BBB shoes/apparel. Lavar says he will pay kids between $3k and $10k a month, which on average is more than NBA G league players make.

LaVar, according to the report, is planning to pay the “lowest-ranked” player $3,000, and the “best player” $10,000 a month which, if paid out like a G-League salary, would be more than the average G-Leaguer earns. I’m not saying one should question the validity of any claim made by a man who once said he could beat Michael Jordan one-on-one in his prime, I’m just saying that up to $10K a month could mean anything from $1,000 a month to a cameo on the Ball family’s Facebook show.
    https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20...ketball-league

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

anybody know if he hate me plays basketball?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      anybody know if he hate me plays basketball?
      Totally.

Which reminds me, Vince McMahon is taking about bringing back the XFL.

Comment

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

As nutty as Lavar Ball is (and he is plenty nutty), this is not a terrible idea, IMO. Even if it doesn't work, it might spur the NCAA into being more reasonable about college players earning money.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            As nutty as Lavar Ball is (and he is plenty nutty), this is not a terrible idea, IMO. Even if it doesn't work, it might spur the NCAA into being more reasonable about college players earning money.
            If it brings back NCAA Football on Xbox I will buy a pair of BB sneaks.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              It would be a shame if someone as stupid as Lavar Ball brought about the end of college basketball.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                It would be a shame if someone as stupid as Lavar Ball brought about the end of college basketball.
                That wont happen. But he might make the NCAA be a bit more reasonable with respect to the kids in college and their compensation.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  Totally.

Which reminds me, Vince McMahon is taking about bringing back the XFL.

that would be sick

Comment

I would sell all of my assets to see LaVar and Trump fight to the death. Two assholes enter. The other is shot exiting the cage.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      that would be sick
                      https://deadspin.com/vince-mcmahon-m...icle-1.3707170

Comment

nice. the xfl was way ahead of its time, especially w/r/t camera work.

Comment

Working...
                        X