Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing Day Part I: Sign On The Dotted Line Or Else

Default Signing Day Part I: Sign On The Dotted Line Or Else

Seriously, no official signing day thread yet? Let's get it rolling.

Harris LaChance, a transfer from USU post mission and Tysen Lewis, both OL are in.

Stacy Conner, QB from Texas and former UNLV commit is now officially a Cougar.

Harris Highlights:

Lewis:

Eerily quiet this morning.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Been Tuipulotu is in. Thanks Clark Addison!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Underwhelming so far. Connor is intriguing. I wonder if he knew Micah Simon or Akile Davis. Obviously he wasn't a Detmer guy.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Jacob Smith is in. Looks like a brute. I think if he hadn't have committed so early he would've gotten some P5 attention.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Jacob Smith is in. Looks like a brute. I think if he hadn't have committed so early he would've gotten some P5 attention.
    You guys can thank one of my co-workers for this one.

My co-worker's daughter met his brother through an online dating services. She was in DC. He was in Minn. They dated long distance, and he converted prior to their wedding. He eventually baptized the whole family (maybe one of the parents was inactive LDS), and Jacob committed to BYU after going to their camps.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    You guys can thank one of my co-workers for this one.

My co-worker's daughter met his brother through an online dating services. She was in DC. He was in Minn. They dated long distance, and he converted prior to their wedding. He eventually baptized the whole family (maybe one of the parents was inactive LDS), and Jacob committed to BYU after going to their camps.
    That's some cool background. I think he is going to turn out to be a good one.

Not sure I trust a guy with a name like that.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Name sure sounds like a d-bag... or a-hole... maybe a d-hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    He probably wears pooka shell necklaces.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    He probably wears pooka shell necklaces.
    and dress shirts that double as pirate costumes
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Princeps Inter Pares

Isaac Matua is in.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Princeps Inter Pares

Campbell Barrington, another 3* OL.

Underwhelming so far. Connor is intriguing. I wonder if he knew Micah Simon or Akile Davis. Obviously he wasn't a Detmer guy.
    Connor was Micah Simons QB. He was a soph when Simon was a senior.
    *Banned*

Been Tuipulotu is in. Thanks Clark Addison!
    Not sure if I had mentioned it or if it was already common knowledge, Ben had verbally committed a couple months back.

Pete’s kids keep getting taller. Hank, on a mission now, is maybe 6’2” or 6’3”. Ben is an inch or two taller, and I think Petey, the youngest, will be the tallest, and maybe the most athletic.

All of them are also all-around athletes. Obviously have football skills, but all of them are also great basketball players. I was watching my nephew play soccer last year, and Ben was the Center back on his team.

Having said all that, I could never be a scout. I have no idea how good or bad they will end up being.

I'm shocked that Tuttle actually ended up signing with the Utes. I never expected him to stick with Utah.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I'm curious what the QB situation will look like next year. Stacey Connor, Possibly Zach Wilson, as well as Kalen Hall returning from his mission. Plus all of the guys already on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I'm shocked that Tuttle actually ended up signing with the Utes. I never expected him to stick with Utah.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

What’s the latest with Wilson?

I see nothing in the thread title of forum that would suggest that this is only the cougar signing day thread.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

So it looks like Wilson hasn't signed yet. I wasn't expecting Romney to sign today. Mitchell, Nathan Latu (I wasn't really counting on him, but hadn't heard he's going anywhere else), Holker, and Isaiah Herron (who I've heard very little about) haven't signed yet.

Princeps Inter Pares

Default Signing Day Part I: Sign On The Dotted Line Or Else

"Lamb added that a couple of other prospects signed Wednesday but BYU won’t release their names until February — at the players’ request."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ng-period.html

What do you suppose that's about?

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    "Lamb added that a couple of other prospects signed Wednesday but BYU won’t release their names until February — at the players’ request."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ng-period.html

What do you suppose that's about?
    Went back on other commitments?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Went back on other commitments?
    Maybe they want to take trips and get publicity?

Maybe they want to take trips and get publicity?
    Are they allowed to take a trip after they’ve signed? I’m pretty sure a signed kid is off limits for other coaches to contact.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    Are they allowed to take a trip after they’ve signed? I’m pretty sure a signed kid is off limits for other coaches to contact.
    I'm sure you're right. Didn't think about that.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    I certainly wouldn't want to have to pay for a kid to come visit my school knowing he's already locked in elsewhere.

Seriously, I can't think of why someone would want to do this. I could imagine asking for a few days to tell other coaches they won't be coming, but February?