Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ham

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I'm thinking maybe they bake them with honey?
    My dad was a professional beekeeper when I was a kid. They most definitely DO NOT bake them with honey. He tried to sell to them and they told him way back when that they don't. Also, the ingredient label would say honey. It's got "honey powder"--an abomination--but no real honey:

Ham (Ham, Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite), Glaze (Sugar, Dressing [Sugar, Gelatin, Paprika, Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch, Dextrose, Honey Powder (Refinery Syrup, Honey), Spices, Natural Flavoring, Brown Sugar, Invert Sugar])
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    My dad was a professional beekeeper when I was a kid. They most definitely DO NOT bake them with honey. He tried to sell to them and they told him way back when that they don't. Also, the ingredient label would say honey. It's got "honey powder"--an abomination--but no real honey:
    Abomination. Haha. You are too tightly wound.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I only see two ingredients. Ham and glaze.