Safety First! - BYU vs. Utah 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    How about his 5 minute rant about national parks as Utah cuts the game from 12 down to 5 and Bill does not mention anything going on during the game. Roxy had to reel him in when Pdas hit that first 3.
    Yep Bill had no interest in talking about the Utes at all.

Comment

I have some friends who are Utes who are pretty level headed about the rivalry. As the game wore on, the potshots started flowing:

We used the BYU method to get Collette.

Who did you guys steal Yoeli from?

It must be tough looking at that WCC emblem on the court.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        How about his 5 minute rant about national parks as Utah cuts the game from 12 down to 5 and Bill does not mention anything going on during the game. Roxy had to reel him in when Pdas hit that first 3.
        I think Bill genuinely doesn’t care for the Kmart Coach K. I also think Bill must’ve snuck some edibles onto his flight.
        Last edited by frank ryan; 12-17-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Man that felt good. It’s been so long since we’ve seen a team in blue with killer instinct when red is on the other side. So so happy this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            I have some friends who are Utes who are pretty level headed about the rivalry. As the game wore on, the potshots started flowing:

We used the BYU method to get Collette.

Who did you guys steal Yoeli from?

It must be tough looking at that WCC emblem on the court.
            I guess that Rawson kid from Utah (he was great - almost had a triple double) was saying after the game how much fun it was to play the rivalry game in an atmosphere like that. He is getting ripped by ute fans on twitter, including portlandute. Max Hall was right I guess.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Man that felt good. It’s been so long since we’ve seen a team in blue with killer instinct when red is on the other side. So so happy this morning.
              Payton freaking Dastrup. Who would have guessed?

Student section was bonkers. Fun to get the series back on track. I hope cooler heads prevail up in SLC and the series continues every year.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Payton freaking Dastrup. Who would have guessed?

I hope cooler heads prevail up in SLC and the series continues every year.
                Don't worry about it. That choice was taken away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Yep Bill had no interest in talking about the Utes at all.
                  As it should be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    Don't worry about it. That choice was taken away from him.

Cooler heads are prevailing.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I also enjoyed watching with the bold colors on each side. Nice to see, at least temporarily, the world right itself again. Maybe 2018 will be a good, righteous year.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Cooler heads are prevailing.
                        So 80K is not involved?
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          So 80K is not involved?
                          Cooler heads prevailed by a score of 77-65.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            Cooler heads prevailed by a score of 77-65.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Took my oldest two sons to their first game in the MC. What a great game! The energy was amazing, the ROC was great. Of course, the outcome was fantastic. My 9 year old (born a few days before TCU killed us in 2008) got to see his first BYU win over Utah in a major men’s sport. He was nervous because his whole life has been BYU losing to Utah. So much fun for him to get the win.
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Any word on Yoeli?

He was gimpy after the dunk, limping slightly on left leg, looks to have twisted his left ankle, but I saw him rubbing his left calf and right knee on the bench.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X