Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Any word on Yoeli?

He was gimpy after the dunk, limping slightly on left leg, looks to have twisted his left ankle, but I saw him rubbing his left calf and right knee on the bench.
    Pretty sure he was just cramping. Saw a tweet saying he is fine.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Congratulations, Cougars. I wasn't able to watch the game (I don't participate in television on Sundays ). But to think that we could have had Yoeli if we had just offered....Coach K's incoming recruits better be great or he could find himself in hot water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        Congratulations, Cougars. I wasn't able to watch the game (I don't participate in television on Sundays ). But to think that we could have had Yoeli if we had just offered....Coach K's incoming recruits better be great or he could find himself in hot water.
        Yeah, a series of bad decisions by Coach K.

1. Cancels series citing concern for player safety.
        2. Pays $80K for his dumbass decision
        3. Replaces BYU game with series with Butler. Loses both games to Butler.
        4. Misses 2016 game with BYU, a season where Utah would likely win easily.
        5. Claims that if Emery had apologized sooner, he would not have cancelled series, thus exposing himself as thin-skinned and petulant.
        6. Claims that the "safety" concern was from the AD and not him, thus contradicting multiple interviews he made and exposing himself as a liar.
        7. Returns to BYU in a year when BYU is having a good run and Utah is weakened.

Karma, baby.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

5. Claims that if Emery had apologized sooner, he would not have cancelled series, thus exposing himself as thin-skinned and petulant.
          6. Claims that the "safety" concern was from the AD and not him, thus contradicting multiple interviews he made and exposing himself as a liar.

Karma, baby.
          I am starting to like Coach K... I will miss him if Hill lets him go.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Guys, was it just me or did Seljaas seem to play decent defense on Saturday?

Comment

Guys, was it just me or did Seljaas seem to play decent defense on Saturday?
              He's a good defender, but he was outstanding Saturday.

Comment

Karma, baby.
                He seems like a yeller. I wouldn’t want my kid playing for someone who struggles with anger like he did with the BYU situation.

Comment

Guys, was it just me or did Seljaas seem to play decent defense on Saturday?
                  He played well. I watched him play in high school and came away thinking he was reasonably athletic for his size. I thought he had a chance to be a Kyle Collinsworth with a better shot and sacrificing only a little of his athleticism. I've been suprised at how stiff he's looked at the D1 level. I guess that's just a testament to how unathletic Utah high school ball is, comparatively. But anyway, yeah, he did play good D and he's looked a little more athletic this year. Maybe he's picked up some muscle or body maturity that's allowing him to show better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    Congratulations, Cougars. I wasn't able to watch the game (I don't participate in television on Sundays ). But to think that we could have had Yoeli if we had just offered....Coach K's incoming recruits better be great or he could find himself in hot water.
                    Ah yes, the grand urban mythologies of the uofutah.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      He's a good defender when guarding someone four inches or more shorter than him, but he was outstanding Saturday.
                      FIFY
                      In spite of the above, I like that Seljaas has taken on additional roles, that may result in fewer points scored, but ultimately make the team better. In particular, his mid-range and in-the-paint scoring.

If he can improve his quickness and physicality, I think he's going to turn some heads in two years.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Payton freaking Dastrup. Who would have guessed?

Student section was bonkers. Fun to get the series back on track. I hope cooler heads prevail up in SLC and the series continues every year.
                        It is always really fun when a kid who grew up such a die hard BYU fan gets his moment of glory. It is even better when that moment comes in a BYU-Utah rivalry game.

I went and looked at Dastrup's season stats. Now they are easily skewed because I think he has had two really terrific outings (Utah and UMass) but I think there is real hope for him. On a per-minute basis he outrebounds Luke and gets more blocks. No, perhaps those are skewed by the two really good performances and not indicative of what he consistently provides in practice, but I am struggling to see a good reason he doesn't take 5-10 minutes of Luke's limited time. He has the size to guard interior post players unlike Nixon, who is just a couple of inches too short, and he appears to me to be the best shooter of the bigs outside of the big Yo-LEE. Besides that is there anyone else on the court a true BYU fan wants more to be successful that PeeDee? It is time to come right out and say it lets free Payton and with that I offer....the greatest of all compliments.....PAYTON DASTRUP MAKES MY NIPPLES HARD!
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Karma, baby.
                          I am one that usually tries to give opposing coaches the benefit of the doubt, but I think this guy is an asshole. Probably a bigger one than Roger Reid.
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            It is always really fun when a kid who grew up such a die hard BYU fan gets his moment of glory. It is even better when that moment comes in a BYU-Utah rivalry game.

I went and looked at Dastrup's season stats. Now they are easily skewed because I think he has had two really terrific outings (Utah and UMass) but I think there is real hope for him. On a per-minute basis he outrebounds Luke and gets more blocks. No, perhaps those are skewed by the two really good performances and not indicative of what he consistently provides in practice, but I am struggling to see a good reason he doesn't take 5-10 minutes of Luke's limited time. He has the size to guard interior post players unlike Nixon, who is just a couple of inches too short, and he appears to me to be the best shooter of the bigs outside of the big Yo-LEE. Besides that is there anyone else on the court a true BYU fan wants more to be successful that PeeDee? It is time to come right out and say it lets free Payton and with that I offer....the greatest of all compliments.....PAYTON DASTRUP MAKES MY NIPPLES HARD!
                            lol.

Comment

• 80k is such a freaking whiny weirdo

Nobody wants to watch college basketball when guys sit on the bench with foul trouble," Krystkowiak said. "What other sport is there on the planet where you penalize players for fouling? Nothing. Soccer? Baseball? People come, and you look at how many fouls are called.

Comment

• Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X