Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

First time watching Virginia this year. I'm actually surprised that a Bronco led defense is struggling against the option. But they may have settled down some now. Also, Anae is forever Anae in his play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    First time watching Virginia this year. I'm actually surprised that a Bronco led defense is struggling against the option. But they may have settled down some now. Also, Anae is forever Anae in his play calling.
    The defense has not settled down. I guess the defense needs the discipline of 24 year old returned missionaries to be successful.

Lol. UVA's kicker just attempted a 40 yard FG, which landed about a yard into the EZ, despite the fact that it was not blocked.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

There’s some really bad football being played on CBSSN right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Speaking of bad football, the PAC-12 has not had a good bowl season. They are officially the worst P5 conference right now. They will probably finish with only one bowl within and that was against a team that was missing their key offensive players.

Wait. And the SEC has two teams in the CFP..

Penn St. And Wisconsin need to win for the Big 10 to be considered the best conference this year..

lol at the p12
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    lol at the p12
    1-8! That is nuts.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

While I was OK with not getting in, However, THIS bowl record proves the CFP Committee got it wrong.

How ironic they left the Big 10 Champion out of the CFP and allowed TWO SEC teams in where their conference is sitting at 1-3 in bowls right now.

I hope the ESPN analyst hold them accountable.. Make them answer for their decision..

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    While I was OK with not getting in, However, THIS bowl record proves the CFP Committee got it wrong.

How ironic they left the Big 10 Champion out of the CFP and allowed TWO SEC teams in where their conference is sitting at 1-3 in bowls right now.

I hope the ESPN analyst hold them accountable.. Make them answer for their decision..

Ha. I knew I would find this argument on here. This bowl season proves the B10 likely was the best conference top to bottom in 2017. It does not prove that the conference possesses one of the best 4 teams in the country.

lol bro this makes no sense

AV: If we watch both SEC teams lose, I would say it does..

OG: It makes perfect sense to those intelligent enough to to comprehend it..

Princeps Inter Pares

Default The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Ha. Trying to extrapolate anything about conferences from bowl games is a fool's errand. This tells us only how the SEC's teams ranked third or worse (actually, fourth or worse since auburn has yet to play) fared. It doesn't say a lick about whether the committee should have picked OSU over Bama.
    Last edited by All-American; 12-31-2017 at 06:08 AM.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Not to belabor the point here, but bowl records mean almost nothing other than showing up and preparing for otherwise meaningless exhibition games. The B1G had its chance to get into the playoff and Wisconsin flopped. Ohio State never had a chance after that Iowa score. The B1G didn't show up in their important non exhibition games and that is why they aren't in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Ha. Trying to extrapolate anything about conferences from bowl games is a fool's errand.
    I agree fully with this unless we are talking about BYU victory or a Ute loss in which case all of my extrapolations are logical and valid.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

last drive and you’re auburn? just have the tackles hold the shit out of everybody they touch on every single play

If UCF wins this, they have more of an argument then Ohio St. To be in the CFP..

This year just shows it needs to be more than 4 teams.

Last edited by dabrockster; 01-01-2018 at 02:42 PM.

If UCG wins this, they have more of an argument then Ohio St. To be in the CFP..

Hey...when the contract is up in 2024 they can look at that. But they wont.

The bigger you make it, the more it invalidates the regular season.

I would like to see them make it 8 teams. 6 conference champions and 2 at larges. One of the at larges cannot be part of the P5.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post

I would like to see them make it 8 teams. 6 conference champions and 2 at larges. One of the at larges cannot be part of the P5.
    If you make it Conference Champions it brings validity back to regular season and conference games. So I like 8 team CFP

who wouldn’t love to see a 7-5 cincinnati in the cfp

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

AAC>SEC! I miss those days of CUF. #funmemories
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

I don’t understand the invalidates the regular season argument. The college basketball season is awesome.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I don’t understand the invalidates the regular season argument. The college basketball season is awesome.
    Agreed. Crazy talk.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Rose Bowl has been fun so far.

If UCF wins this, they have more of an argument then Ohio St. To be in the CFP..

They should also have a rule that you can't get in if you get your ass kicked by an unranked team. Quit bitching about your shitty team that couldn't keep it within four touchdowns against Iowa.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Oklahoma gonna to Oklahoma y'all. Lol
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Choke-lahoma!

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    They should also have a rule that you can't get in if you get your ass kicked by an unranked team. Quit bitching about your shitty team that couldn't keep it within four touchdowns against Iowa.
    Fuck off CMB.. this “shitty” team would lay over 70 on your shitty team with their 2nd team..

This game is a jolly good time.

Dabrockster. You are very easily riled up, I notice.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    This game is a jolly good time.

Dabrockster. You are very easily riled up, I notice.
    Eff you too LC!!

If it’s one thing I have learned from Urban. Take no shit and go into a rage in a nano second. Gracias Urban.

Oh, and CMB is a sucky Boy Band. NSYNC forever bitch!